- The Master is in overall command on the bridge assisted by a deck watch officer and is responsible for the safe navigation of the Vessel and must verify that all pertinent information has been considered in plotting the intended track off the vessel and that the course to be steered will keep the vessel well clear of dangers to navigation.
- Sole responsibility for the ship's management/navigation according to current valid rules and regulation.
- Keeping to all national and international laws, guidelines and regulations necessary for the management/navigation of the ship, including the ship papers and documents (attestations, certificates, etc.).
- Security in general; carrying out the voyage safely and according to plan, discipline on board and the orderly condition of the ship in accordance with the regulations.
- For the nautical crew, in case of emergency, disciplinary superior of the entire ship's team.
- Ensure the ship's Navigation Officer is capable of coordinating the navigational tasks required by the ship's deployment and overall management of the Bridge.
- Controlling the water level daily and planning the water draft, the navigation time and the timetable accordingly.
- Adjusting the ballast and draft of the ship to the actual water level of the navigation area and the air draft of the bridges.
Minimum 3 years' experience as a Vice Captain, 2 years as Chief Officer and 3 years as a certified watchkeeping deck officer.
Must be fluent in written and spoken English (needs to score at least 90% in the onboard English proficiency test).
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Experience with luxury or high end passenger vessel companies preferred.
- Candidates are also requested to have below document:
Schiffsfuhrer Patent. Danube Patent. Rhine Patent. Radar Patent. Radio Patent. - - River Safety Expert.
- Year-Round Contract (fix employment contract).
- Rotation for Captain is approximately 4 weeks onboard and 4 weeks' vacation.
- Medical coverage. Unemployment payment.
- Private pension plan from Zurich International.
- Monthly salary (gross): 4600.00 to 5000.00 EUR.
Additional information: NET Salary + Excellent bonus structure.
Location Luxury River Ships
Fixed-term / seasonal / temporary employment, Full-time work
--> Please apply only in ENGLISH, including CV as email attachment in doc or pdf file format
Everyone is an asset for our Group and that person could be you!
Check out our job opportunities, apply!