Under general direction of the Regional Finance Controller and their team, the Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting activities, mostly in relation to our Polish entity. They will provide support and guidance to the finance colleagues according to the finance policies, systems and processes in place.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records, classifies and summarizes accounting transactions in line with local and international accounting standards.
- Assembles documents for computer input, verifying accuracy of itemized charges, account numbers, and total costs.
- Posts, verifies, and balances debits & credits entries on SAP.
- Maintains various data records through filing, retention, and updating.
- Responds to inquiries, checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies, liaises with internal and external finance stakeholders.
- Carries out various assigned internal reporting, including month-end, AR / AP and ad hoc.
- Executes and coordinates assigned project work, supporting stabilization of local finance function in cooperation with regional Finance Shared Service Centre.
- Provides general support for local entity and operations.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Good knowledge of Polish accounting and bookkeeping standards a strong advantage;
- Experienced with monthly closing activities and reporting;
- Education related to accounting or financial management;
- Fluent in English, Polish language a strong advantage;
- Solid skills of working with MS Excel;
- Experience of working with accounting packages, preferably SAP;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Well-developed problem solving skills and dedication to continuous improvement;
- Be able to work accurately, efficiently & meet tight deadlines.
- International working environment with short decision paths
- Flexible working hours, language courses
- Flat hierarchies with communication at eye level
- Affiliation with American Fortune 500 company AmerisourceBergen
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience as well as professional development opportunities.