Apollo Ship Chandlers
Title: Assistant Steward/ess
Reports to: Stewardess, Assistant Housekeeper
The major goal of the position is to assist the Steward/ess with the cleanliness of all Guest’s
staterooms in his/her respective section, including passageways as per the Company’s Standards.
1. Works under the direction of the Steward/ess, assisting in the various cleaning tasks.
2. Empties wastebaskets and transports trash and waste to the Garbage processing area and
must be familiar with the onboard garbage separation system.
3. Must vacuum, sweep and/or scrub floors, clean showers, sinks and toilet bowls.
4. Helps in the cleaning of walls, ceiling, outside verandah and windows including draperies
5. Participates in the handling of Guests luggage during embarkation and disembarkation.
6. Must be knowledgeable with the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations,
following them at all times.
7. Ensures personal appearance and personal hygiene and uniform are at all times in accordance
with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
1. Participates in safety drills, according to instructions.
2. Complies with Oceania’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating
Education / Training
Requires a minimum of 3 years as a chamber-person (Quality Hotels or Cruise Ships).
Standard High School education.
Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English with Supervisors
and Guests alike. Other languages are considered a plus.
1. Great attitude at all times
4. Team worker
6. Well groomed and neat appearance
7. Ability to perform under pressure (time constraints)
8. Ability to work with an international team.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTH / 2 MONTHS VACATION