ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Assists the Food & Beverage Manager in supervising the Food Operation onboard and ensures the smooth and efficient operation on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager) the performance of all direct reports.
3. Must be very familiar with the entire food operation and possess a total understanding of the United States Public Health rules and regulations.
4. Has a thorough understanding of Time and Attendance procedures, and is familiar with the contracts and work schedule hours/week and supporting documentation. as stated in SQM.
5. Schedules work duties, side jobs and days off for assigned CFMs.
6. Ensures that direct reports follow their schedules and complete the required tasks as per their job descriptions.
7. Ensures that assigned CFMs are well groomed and in proper uniform when reporting for duty.
8. Greets new CFMs and explains the ship’s rules and regulations and onboard routines; briefs them on their job descriptions and their specific duties. Responsible for notifying the Food & Beverage Manager of any cases of disciplinary actions or poor performance.
9. Provides scheduled training to assigned CFMs with emphasis on the United States Public Health standards, Services quality, verbal etiquette, presentation and the ship’s garbage segregation system.
10. Responsible for maintaining proper sanitation standards as per USPH regulations at all times in the designated areas.
11. Monitors the food temperatures and logs the refrigerator temperatures daily twice morning and evening, maintain the Time and Temperature controls in their assigned areas. Takes action when temperatures do not meet requirements.
12. Must be familiar with all ship’s events regarding the Food Operation and ensures that all venues start and finish at the designated times.
13. Responsible for inventory and requisitioning materials, and/or food items to effectively operate assigned area according to the par levels.
14. Conducts inventory on all food related items as well as equipment whenever requested by the Food & Beverage Manager.
15. Assists the Food & Beverage Manager and the Chef in keeping the food cost down by informing them of any abnormal food over production or wastage.
16. Does crowd and traffic control during buffet hours.
17. Works in conjunction with the Sous Chef during buffets set up an operating hours assisting with the presentation, Time and Temperature and all USPH issues in their assigned areas.
18. Maintains assigned area in preparation for United States Public Health type inspection either done by the Food & Beverage Manager or the actual inspectors.
19. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
20. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
21. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
Manages and maintains departmental finances within budgetary requirements.
Ensures that all communication costs are kept under control.
Maintain proper breakage and damage control procedures to minimized the losses as established by the F & B Operations.
Ensures that guests are charged for pertinent special requests and services.
Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions. Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
Conducts meetings with team once per cruise.
Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
Minimum of five years food or beverage-related experience and/or training in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
USPH certification required.
Strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
Strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
Basic computer software skills required.
Strong understanding of accounting principles such as numbering flow “Debits/Credits”, adjusting and correcting entries.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Coursework or bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
Completion of two contracts in an F & B capacity with a performance rating of satisfactory or above, along with demonstrated leadership skills.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6/2 MONTH / SALARY $2200 PER MONTH (NON TIPPING POSITION)