Apollo Ship Chandlers
Title: Assistant Waiter
Reports to: Waiter, Head Waiter, Restaurant Manager
1. To provide guests with courteous and professional service.
2. To create an overall pleasant dining atmosphere and experience.
3. To anticipate guest’s needs.
4. To assist the waiters in maintaining standards of service.
1. Maintains clean and orderly tables and helps to organize station.
2. Food delivery from the galley to restaurant stations.
3. Replenishes water pitchers, bread, butter and other items as anticipated.
4. Grinds fresh pepper tableside.
5. Prepares a good mise-en-place to ensure that his station is ready when guests arrive.
6. By his tables ready to pull the chair for the ladies when guests arrive and depart.
7. Provides personalized service (remembers guests names and preferences).
8. Ensures that guest requests, beverages, condiments, etc. are promptly fulfilled.
9. Luggage handling duties when required.
10. Embarkation and debarkation duties when required.
11. General cleaning and maintenance according to U.S.P.H. standards.
12. Handles all ship' equipment with utmost care and reports any faulty/broken equipment.
13. Assists management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
14. Clean uniform and tidy appearance, hair, nails, etc. at all times.
15. Performs all other duties as requested by supervisors.
1. Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
2. Complies with Oceania’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
1. Restaurant background.
2. Service experience in 5-star operation, hotel, restaurant or ship.
1. Great attitude at all times, (smile)
3. Team worker
5. Well-groomed and neat appearance
7. Social skills
8. Ability to perform under pressure
9. Ability to work with international team
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTHS / 2 MONTHS VACATION