The Attack Monitoring Event Analyst is a member of the Attack Monitoring Team within Global Information Security’s - Security Operations. The Event
Analyst is responsible for the identification of electronic attacks from internal and external sources globally, threat assessment of detected attacks and
escalating events to the appropriate business area.
Acts with a team in relation to identified incidents and threats. Acts as 1st line point of contact for detected events. Applies decision-making logic to
events to react to events affecting the business first.
The successful candidate will
- Utilise existing processes and technologies in place to detect and prevent malicious electronic attacks to networks and network estate.
- Identify attacks and malware (Trojans, virii, etc) looking event data data generated from proxy, IDS and network devices.
- Respond to global network and computer security events affecting Barclays networks & provide guidance to identify attackers, attacks and how to mitigate effects.
- Provision of ‘out of hours’ support as and when required by participating in an on-call rotation.
- Interface with other business areas to drive remediation efforts on detected security issues.
- Establish and deliver methods & tools which provide the organization value by reducing risk.
- Help delivering technical detection and response programs and initiatives leveraging experience in doing so previously.
- Uses previously acquired know-how in global environments to provide success&lessons learned with regards to toolset deployment and costs associated
- Understand costs associated with technical changes and impact on time, quality and stability of such changes
- Have to be flexible in terms of working hours (the team would be covering 24/7 worldwide)
- Experience with event correlation products in large-scale environments
- Broad understanding of security techniques and technologies including Intrusion Detection, Proxy & URL filtering systems and Threat Analysis.
- Experience in Host and Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis tools and techniques.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate events to the team.
- An understanding of the security mechanisms associated with Windows or Unix operating systems, switched networks, applications and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience responding to information security and privacy incidents.
- Familiar with current malware trends
- Previous exposure to Linux and data manipulation using scripting.
- Previous exposure to databases.
- Fluent English skills.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “ATTACK MONITORING ANALYST” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.