Apollo Ship Chandlers
Title: Bar Server
Reports to: Assistant Bar Manager, Bar Manager
1. To provide guests with courteous and professional service.
2. To increase revenue for the company and self by applying up-selling techniques.
3. To meet sales targets.
1. Maintains clean and orderly lounges / bars.
2. Greeting guests when they enter the lounge.
3. Knows his/her bar menu well and is able to explain and suggest drinks.
4. Provides personalized service (remembers guests names and preferences).
5. Verifies that drinks are served in the proper glass with the proper garnish.
6. Adheres to the vessel’s drinking age policy.
7. Helps in bringing the stock up to various bars, when necessary.
8. Helps in the stores during the loading.
9. Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions, as required.
10. Luggage handling duties when required.
11. Works at special parties and private functions.
12. General cleaning and maintenance according to U.S.P.H. standards.
13. Handles all ship equipment with utmost care and reports any faulty/broken equipment.
14. Assists management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
15. Clean uniform and tidy appearance, hair, nails, etc. at all times.
16. Performs all other duties as requested by supervisors.
17. Always projects a favorable image of Oceania Cruises.
1. Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
2. Complies with Oceania’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
Minimum of 1year beverage related service experience.
1. Great attitude at all times, (smile).
3. Team worker
6. Well-groomed and neat appearance
8. Social skills
9. Ability to perform under pressure.
10. Ability to work with international team.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH MONTHS / 2 MONTHS VACATION