ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Makes and serves various coffees to guests in various bars, lounges
and service areas throughout the vessel by performing the following essential duties and
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage
service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow
shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Each bar shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and
properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold
Anchor Standards. This includes a clean uniform, nametag, and any other uniform
3. Converses with guests to answer questions, provide information, promote drink
specials and/or up-sell to premium brands. Makes suggestions for alternatives if
drink request is not available in current inventory.
4. Takes orders from guests or Bar Servers. Asks for appropriate identification to determine minimum drinking age.
5. Prepares all beverages according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor
Standards for mixology including recipes, garnishments, serving practices, etc.
Mixes ingredients such as coffee, liquor, water, sugar, creams, etc. to prepare various coffees.
6. Serves coffees in the appropriate glass or fashion.
7. Collects charge card for drinks served and inputs accurate data in the point-of-sale
system. Calculates tips, discounts, percentages and refunds as needed. Presents
statement to guest for signature. Maintains accurate accounting records.
8. Arranges bottles and glasses to create an attractive display. Maintains an
awareness of inventory stock and location to enhance work performance.
9. Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
10. Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, nuts, etc.
11. Maintains, secures and cleans bar area. Ensures stations and/or tables are clean,
orderly and properly set with matches, clean ashtrays and beverage menus, etc.
Removes empty or dirty glasses and bottles and returns them to the bar or kitchen.
Practices napkin folding techniques and mechanics.
12. Works independently and without immediate supervision. Promotes teamwork
and provides on-the-job training to Bar Servers and/or Bar Utility personnel to
strengthen their current performance.
13. Maintains accurate par levels and rotates stock according to management standards.
Maintains inventory of liquor, mixers and other items utilized in the bar. Orders or
requisitions liquors and supplies. Conducts inventory counts as scheduled and
14. Maintains an awareness of drink trends and makes recommendations to management
to introduce new drinks.
15. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities
16. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
- Two to three years previous coffee house experience
- Ability to work independently to, quickly and accurately, make coffees according to standards
- Working knowledge of varying types of coffee drinks
- Working knowledge of public health standards.
- Working knowledge of cash registers and/or related computerized systems.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to calculating tips, discounts
- Working knowledge of inventory control methods and standards.
- Ability to up-sell and promote drinks and specials.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor Standards, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to Bar Servers and Bar Utility personnel.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written
procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and
verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required
to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life
saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs s well as full visual,
verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event
of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTH / 2 MONTHS VACATION