The main responsibility of the Cardiac Technician is to be a self-starter who can carry out and assist the medical specialist with their examinations, cardiac research and treatments.
During the examinations the Cardiac Technician will carry out the following tasks:
- Carry out non-invasive examinations: (i.e. Ultrasounds, ECG treadmill, Thalium stamina test and holter-tape.
- Conduct periodic pacemaker checkups and measure the rates, diagnose the results and translate them into a course of treatment.
- Assist the medical specialist with TEE by operating the correct monitors and machines and reassuring the patient.
- Observing the heart rate monitor when attached to a patient and keep the monitors and machines sterilized.
- Assist the medical specialist with replacing and implanting pacemakers by monitoring the data on the monitors and noting the data.
- Assist the medical specialist with heart catherizations, (left and right). Be conscientious by paying attention to the heart rhythm and if necessary administer defibrillation/resuscitation. Also inject intra-vascular fluids. All done in a team according to the right protocol.
Relevant Certificate from a Medical College of Cardiac Technicians, focused on the specific department. Certificates in Ultrasounddoppler technologies as well as Cardiographic- and Pacemaker technologies. You need to have an extensive knowledge of the advanced equipment and registration techniques. Extensive experience in this field is required.
You will need an extensive level of knowledge for the varied duties, you will need to read medical journals and keep up to date with the latest techniques.
You will have to be fluent in Dutch, both writing and speaking. And also be capable to carry out administrative tasks. You have to have practiced this function, so experienced is essential.
You are expected to be very independent and a good communicator all at levels. Good communication and social skills are required.
Being able to work independently is essential. Interpret and report all the examinations completed to the Cardiologist. Whenever, there is an urgent situation you must have the ability and experience to take control and carry out the necessary procedures.
* Excellent salary depending on age and experience. (you will get the same salary as your Dutch collegues sometimes higher)
* Assistance in housing