Receives and exchanges cash and coins, chips and checks, credit and/or other monetary notes for guests enjoying the Casino, by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Greets customers and provides Casino information regarding cashiering services available to the guests.
3. Exchanges chips, cash, coins, checks, credit and/or other monetary notes. Accurately counts chips, cash, coins in a quick and efficient manner. Receives coins or casino chips from guests requesting paper and/or coin currency equivalency.
4. Operates electronic coin counter or counts chips to determine correct exchange values. Provides guests with paper currency and/or coin equivalency.
5. Obtains approval for credit card transactions; charges individual accounts for chips issued; maintains Credit Card Log.
6. Answers inquiries pertaining to Casino services and general information. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
7. Follows established procedures to maintain, balance and reconcile, assigned cage assets (cash drawer). Prepares daily summaries by counting, reading and recording totals of cash, coins, traveler's and other checks, credit cards and ship credit. Prepares manual and computerized reports of daily transactions including transaction summaries to balance and prepare reports for each voyage.
8. Prepares written authorization forms and provides coins to Slot Technician to fill slot machines, slot payouts and change machines.
9. Participates in casino count by totaling and verifying monetary values. Provides necessary supplies for count activities.
10. Follows cage security procedures at all times.
11. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security issues. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
13. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
- Two years cash handling experience in a customer contact position within the hotel, banking, casino or related industry.
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and
- Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to count chips and paper currency quickly and accurately.
- Ability to operate coin counters, chip mechanism, 10 key adding machine and related equipment.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to counting chips, cash,coins, and preparing reconciliation reports.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, and Word.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- "Recognize and possess the ability to count coins and paper currency in US Dollars quickly and accurately".
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
- Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks
Apply by forwarding your CV to our agency