Reports To: Assistant Hotel Manager
Direct Reports: Assistant Casino Manager Cashier; Casino Supervisor Head Slot Technician; Dealer Slot Technician; Head Cashier
Directs all the casino operations and associated activities throughout the vessel by performing the duties described below either personally or through subordinate managers and supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a
taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Hotel Director) the
performance of all direct reports.
3. Directs the overall casino and gaming function onboard the vessel. Creates an entertaining gaming environment, which intrigues, attracts and retains the attention of the guests.
4. Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure
expenditures stay within budget limitations. Constantly reviews current operating procedures for
revenue-enhancement opportunities, through shipboard marketing efforts, up selling programs, and
special promotions, etc. Reviews for final approval requisition estimates for gifts, prizes, product
replacements, supplies, purchases, etc.
5. Implements Celebrity Cruises’ brand standards for the casino function. Monitors the casino staff to ensure procedures and services are performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ brand standards. Reviews audit comments, discusses with subordinate management, and implements audit recommendations.
6. Oversees all casino operations, presentations, activities and quality in all venues. Observes
preparation to ensure quality standards are met. Oversees the care and maintenance of all
equipment, props, supplies, etc. Oversees all special events conducted onboard the vessel requiring the casino staff.
7. On a regular basis, meets with subordinate managers and staff, to review the requirements of the day’s schedule, international guest requirements and disseminates any other company related
correspondence, notices, policies, procedures, etc. Reviews schedule to estimate time requirements to ensure speed and efficiency. Meets with function managers and/or staff to review guest comments to implement revisions and improvements.
8. Maintains a high degree of “floor presence” to observe the casino games, slot machines, cash desk to minimize security and fraud issues. Monitors the casino staff to ensure procedures and services are performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ brand standards. Oversees the cash handling functions to ensure the counting and reconciliation processes are conducted according to established procedures.
9. Confers with ship management to plan and integrate all departments and product offerings to
enhance the guest experience through food, beverage, shore excursions, gift shops, etc. Provides
input and feedback for the ship’s newsletter.
10. Investigates and resolves casino quality and service issues in a timely fashion, and always with a view to exceeding the expectations of our guests.
11. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
13. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets. This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of
records, reports, supplies and equipment.
Manages the financial budget for the assigned area, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control. Ensures the continuous operation of computer related equipment.
Records production and operational data on specified forms. Analyzes operational problems and
establishes controls. Reviews the overtime requests against production levels to determine
appropriate needs and approves amounts accordingly. Reviews timesheets and forwards to the
Assistant Hotel Manager, for final approval. Prepares a variety of reports and letters utilizing
personal computer system and equipment.
Reviews requisitions from subordinate staff and forwards to the Manager, Hotel Operations for final approval. Requires the items be requisitioned in correct quantities, within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established control procedures. Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions. Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current
performance and preparation for future advancement.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
Two to five years progressive managerial experience in a casino function in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line (shipboard experience preferred).
Satisfactory completion of Gaming Board/Commission approved dealer school.
Ability to manage the financial aspects of a casino operation, including the successful identification
of expense reduction through cost efficiencies and revenue growth through promotional and upselling activities. Ability to manage headcount within area as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills
Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills
Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills
Intermediate computer software skills required
Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow,
“Debits/Credits”, adjusting entries and corrections.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function. Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing
employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through
coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an
accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
Completion of at least one contract as an Assistant Casino Manager with a performance rating of
satisfactory or above along with demonstrated leadership skills.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This
includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively
present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands
to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are
required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of
lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
- Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks