ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Manages the wine inventory for all restaurants including maintaining accurate par levels, rotating stock, requisitioning of all wine and supplies. Full responsibility for all accounting procedures related to wine sales and inventories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and workplace safety policies and procedures. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
I. Reports to their assigned workstation on time and according to uniform and grooming standards as outlined in the Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards.
II. Maintains accurate par levels and rotates stock of all restaurant areas.
III. Maintains inventory of wines and other items utilized in the wine stand. Orders or requisitions wines and supplies. Conducts inventory counts as scheduled and unscheduled.
IV. Performs daily inventory checks against set par levels. Checks inventories level against daily revenue report to ensure all inventories are accounted for. Identifies discrepancies, follow up to ensure accountability and provides the Beverage Manager with a daily recap report.
V. Recommends and implements ways to maximize wine order revenue and minimize costs.
VI. Ensures that wines are accurately accounted for through proper charging procedures.
VII. Correctly documents all movement of wine, sales, spoilage, breakage, shortage and transfers.
VIII. Prepares end of week closing report and inventory for all wine locations.
IX. Regularly checks and coordinates wine inventory with the Inventory Manager, Provision Master and Beverage Manager. Ensures any par level adjustments are communicated in an appropriate time frame. Identifies slow or non-moving wines and manages the depletion of these.
X. Ensures proper execution of all deliveries of wine orders in the stateroom, dining room or other locations assigned.
XI. Reconciles all wine orders at the end of the voyage and ensures all proper charging procedures are followed. Report to be presented to the Beverage Manager and Supercharge Purser for verification.
XII. Is in consistent and close communication with all dining venue managers and discusses recommendations to encourage sales of slow / non-moving wines.
XIII. Responsible for staff wine training and guest wine tasting.
XIV. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, according to USPH standards are met.
XV. Ensures all wines are stored at the right temperature and all equipment in the wine stand areas are in working order.
XVI. Works independently without immediate supervision.
XVII. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
XVIII. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Ability to pass ISF Marlins Test Level 2
- Successfully completes Royal Caribbean’s International’s Alcohol Awareness Training Tests (ServeSafe) with a passing score, within 30 days of contract.
- Two to three years previous wine experience, preferably as a sommelier or cellar master in a high volume location.
- Extensive knowledge of wine varietals and wine producing countries.
- Highly motivated, personable and service oriented individual that is able to communicate comfortably in large and small groups is required.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate their knowledge and skills as it pertains to this position.
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and accurately.
- Working knowledge of public health standards and work place safety.
- Working knowledge of cash registers and/or related computerized systems.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to calculating tips, discounts and percentages.
- Working knowledge of inventory control methods and standards.
- Ability to up-sell and promote wines.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to Restaurant Personnel.
- Completion of 5-year high school or basic education equivalency required.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
Completion of one contract in current position with a performance rating of satisfactory or above.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6/2 MONTH /AVERAGE INCOME $1500 PER MONTH AND UP (TIPPING POSITION)