Chief Accountant is responsible for the supervision and control of the general accounting functions. This includes the general ledger, payables, payroll, budget reporting and statistical accumulation. He / she is also responsible for financial statement and report preparation on a regular and special request basis; assisting departments with annual budget preparation and budget reviews.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of official tax and law regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Organized, responsible, honest and hard working person with ability to learn fast.
- Initiative, team and target oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge/experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX (Axapta) is advantage.
- Good knowledge of English - verbal and writing.
This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and at least three to five years of accounting experience.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.