ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Maintains kitchen work areas and galley equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food service venues and galleys throughout the ship. The work stations or areas are usually categorized as follows: roast, fish, sauce, soup, bakery, buffet, pastry, pantry, Windjammer, room service, special requests, employee galley. Voyager and Radiance class ships include additional venues such as Chops, Portofino, Seaview, Johnny Rockets™ and the commissary.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s phil1. osophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Each culinary shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. This includes a clean uniform, nametag, hat, apron and specified safety shoes.
3. Maintains the cleanliness of work areas and follows proper washing and sanitation of pots, pans, equipment, dishes, glasses and silverware, etc. Utilizes proper USPH sanitation procedures at all times.
4. Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes by hand or places in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
5. Holds inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
6. Washes pots, pans, and trays.
7. Sweeps and mops galley floors and bulkheads.
8. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
9. Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
10. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
11. Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle crushing machine.
12. Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
13. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
14. Loads or unloads supplies, food and beverage products in the provision room as needed.
15. May participate in the set up of banquet tables.
16. May wash and peel vegetables.
17. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
18. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
Minimum one year previous kitchen steward experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant, hotel or high volume food service facility. Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
- Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks