- Ensuring end to end desktop and core application products and application suites including hardware architecture is fit for purpose.
- Ensuring Desktop compliance is effectively targeted at appropriate IT projects.
- Influence and implement major change programmes in the deployment and change of applications, desktop platforms, OS upgrades, and Core application upgrades.
- Have support and change delivery experience in desktop core engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft OS platforms and Windows infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of Core application software
- Knowledge of Hardware technologies
- Migration techniques within desktop and between platforms, including application migrations.
- Good knowledge of Active Directories
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of working within teams, managing work groups and presenting at senior management level
- Excellent understanding of technology markets and major vendor strategies
- Good scripting ability
- Microsoft certification path
- Understanding of support techniques and change delivery into operations area.