The practical studies and work are carried out at the school of accommodation and consist of various tasks such as: teaching, social work, maintenance and promotion work, but also cleaning and dishwashing. Basically the Development Instructor (DI)will be taking part of running the school in all of its aspects together with the staff at the school. The DIs will also take part in organising cultural-, musical- and sportive events, working with maintenance at a building weekends and put up a theatre plays. In Africa: In the 8-month period as a Development Instructor at a Humana project in Angola, Mozambique or Malawi, the DI will have the possibility to work with people in some of the poorest parts of the world. You will - in a group of three DIs - choose a specific project and will specialize your preparation towards this during the last six months of your stay in Denmark. In Africa you work in your "Trio" closely together with the project leader and is expected to take your part of the responsibility for a successful running of the project.
- You are open-minded, flexible and motivated to do something good for others.
- You are interested in helping children and young people with special needs and from various backgrounds.
- You are eager to learn and gain experiences in new and unfamiliar work situations.
- Furthermore, you are a hardworking person
- There are no specific academic requirements - but if you want to enroll for the "Double B Certificate in Pedagogy and Fighting With The Poor", you need to have passed 12 years of school. (We do have another DI program which does not have 12 y school requirement)
The purpose is to train Development Instructors to be active and competent creators and instructors in Development both for children with special needs in Denmark, and at their projects in Africa.
- You will be hired as a volunteer by one of our three schools in Denmark - Your volunteer salary will cover pocket money (700 Dkr) as well as all expenses related to the program. Periods of fund raising are also included in the program. The rest of the money is spent on the studies in Denmark and the flight tickets for Africa, insurance, vaccination etc.
- During the time at the Humana project in Africa you receive food and accommodation and pocket money (about 700 Dkr).
- You pay an enrolment fee of 400 GBP. Welcome!