(Ref.: FM-2006-AA/063 - grade: A5/A6/A7 - closing date: 13.06.2006)
The successful candidate will report to the CFMU Director’s office Special
The main job responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage the human resources and general services team by setting priorities and allocating roles and responsibilities in order to ensure the delivery of agreed results, including the provision of the necessary support and coaching to the staff of the section.
• Ensure the development, the maintenance and the effective working of major HR processes or services by setting priorities, planning the necessary activities/resources, anticipating future needs, reviewing and adapting current procedures.
• Identify the human resources requirements and the timely recruitment of staff with the required qualifications, skills and competencies; help to ensure the follow-up of careers, in particular the consistency between actual functions, job profiles, competency schemes, training needs, appraisals and promotion mechanisms.
• Contribute and provide expertise to specific projects and work packages, participate in in-house meetings and working groups (e.g. Social Dialogue, and CFMU internal meetings) and with other Agency and external bodies in order to represent the Directorate, its requirements and its priorities.
• Provide advice to the Management Team and the staff of the Directorate, Headquarters and other internal/external contacts with regard to the application of all rules and regulations in the field of staff conditions and national legislations.
• University degree in a relevant matter, e.g. Human Resources, Administration, Legal, or equivalent professional experience.
• At least 10 years’ experience in human resource management/administration, preferably in an international environment.
• Up to date knowledge of the latest human resources developments and policies; ability to work with legal and administrative regulations and statutory aspects and to draft recommendations/rules/policies.
• Vision and ability to align business plans with human resources requirements (staff and training plans).
• Strong managerial ability, especially people and project management skills and the capability to deliver results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent drafting and presentation skills at least in English, good practice of office software tools including HR information systems.
• A flexible, adaptable and dynamic personality with a good sense of confidentiality and ability to reach compromise.
• The languages of the Agency are English and French. Candidates should have an excellent command of English with a working knowledge of French.
Interesting and responsible job in successful organisation.