ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
The Deck Supervisor is responsible for the operational management of all Housekeeping functions for their assigned deck. Deck Supervisors demonstrate excellent attention to detail and training abilities, and understand the importance of creating a positive work environment where exceptional service in consistently delivered to ensure complete guest and team satisfaction. He/she is an excellent communicator and maintains a strong floor presence at all times, ensuring team members are constantly coached in a positive manner to maximize individual and team performance.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean Intt standards each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times both with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Supports and reports to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper. Oversees all operational aspects of staterooms on assigned deck(s), ensuring cleanliness, maintenance and presentation standards are managed to brand standards at all times and in all areas, including all guest staterooms and balconies, guest corridors, lockers, ice stations and storage areas in both the front and back of house.
3. Maintains constant front-of-house presence and utilizes stateroom/suite inspection processes in accordance with company standard operating procedures. Ensures feedback is delivered in constructive and appropriate manner with emphasis on positive reinforcement.
4. Ensures timely reporting of any maintenance needs and follows up to ensure prompt completion when possible. Gathers preventative maintenance needs to enable maintenance to be planned and executed appropriately.
5. Takes ownership and accountability for reacting to guest feedback and requests from assigned deck (s) effectively and efficiently.
6. Provides training to all Stateroom Attendants, including classroom-style and on-thejob training, ensuring team members consistently strengthen their current performance. Maintains and shares comprehensive knowledge of cleaning practices, procedures, equipment and materials. Communicates to team constantly to keep team informed and aware of relevant information.
7. Monitors individual and team performance and trends for Stateroom Attendants against pre-established targets and through guest feedback. Timely prepares all sorts of Reports.
8. Serves as Housekeeping ambassador to all guests on assigned deck. Maintains close communication with Guest Services team on all guest related matters to ensure guests’ satisfaction levels are maximized.
9. Oversees luggage delivery for all guests on assigned deck(s) as part of each voyage turnaround, ensuring prompt delivery and collection in safe and organized manner.
10. Performs stores inventory on assigned deck for all operational needs and supplies and measures against pre-established par levels. Seeks to minimize consumption and manage costs through waste reduction practices and maintenance of optimal inventory levels.
11. Ensures cleaning equipment and supplies are maintained and that all team members are adequately trained to ensure proper and effective use.
12. Monitors compliance to all USPH (United States Public Health) cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout assigned areas consistently. Addresses issues and findings immediately, and ensures corrective action and re-training take place.
13. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing organizational standards, procedures, and legal regulations and promoting Workplace Safety.
Effectively monitors, overseas and makes improvements to workplace safety within the division and throughout the ship. Attends mandatory crew and guest safety drills, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
14. Assigns duties and responsibilities to team members. Observes and evaluates team members through open and honest feedback to ensure high quality standards are met.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in housekeeping operation of large 4 or 5
demonstrated experience supervising team of minimum of 10 employees
- Minimum of one to two years of guest room cleaning experience in 4 or 5 star hotel
- Specific knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer
strong attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with supervisors and crew members to resolve
- Flexibility to manage, direct and encourage a positive, dynamic, diverse
- Should be able to utilize and administer the progressive disciplinary action process
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet
- Should harbor a flexible outlook towards placement throughout the fleet, considering
- Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling, linen
navigate within a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Office) and office equipment
- Completion of high school or equivalent required.
Required to speak English clearly and distinctly, has aptitude to read and write English in
order to understand and interpret written procedures, including the ability to give and
receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and
respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers. Ability to speak
additional languages such as Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or Portuguese preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to
stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or
hear, and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving
procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal
and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an
emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Permanent job with 6 months and 3 weeks contracts followed by 10 weeks vacation
- Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks. Starting rate is 1,900$ per month
- First joining ticket is paid by the crewmember, all others will be paid by the company