ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
- The Deck Supervisor is responsible for the operational management of all Housekeeping
Duties & Responsibilities:
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard management team member to relentlessly exemplify the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This applies to physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Supports and reports to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper. Oversees all operational aspects of staterooms on assigned deck(s), ensuring cleanliness, maintenance and presentation standards are managed to brand standards at all times and in all areas, including all guest staterooms and balconies, guest corridors, lockers, ice stations and storage areas in both the front and back of house.
3. Maintains constant front-of-house presence and utilizes stateroom/suite inspection processes in accordance with company standard operating procedures. Ensures feedback is delivered in constructive and appropriate manner with emphasis on positive reinforcement. Ensures staterooms are maintained to brand standards, including cleanliness, maintenance, presentation, collateral, mini-bar and general set up standards for daytime and evening/turndown service. Ensures Housekeeping Administrator is provided accurate and timely inspection results. Recognizes top
performers and applies progressive disciplinary process in accordance with guidelines and back of house rotation for lowest performers.
4. Ensures timely reporting of any maintenance needs and follows up to ensure prompt completion when possible. Gathers preventative maintenance needs to enable maintenance to be planned and executed appropriately.
5. Takes ownership and accountability for reacting to guest feedback and requests from assigned deck (s) effectively and efficiently. Provides Housekeeping Administrator updated information on all housekeeping related entries in ship’s Guest Log, to ensure all guest issues are resolved and recorded in a timely fashion. Assists shipboard senior management team in the facilitation of the ‘Guest Conduct Policy’.
6. Provides training to all Stateroom Attendants, including classroom-style and on-thejob training, ensuring team members consistently strengthen their current performance. Maintains and shares comprehensive knowledge of cleaning practices, procedures, equipment and materials. Communicates to team constantly to keep team informed and aware of relevant information. Provides evaluations and tracking development on an individual and team level, ensuring open and honest feedback is consistently provided.
7. Monitors individual and team performance and trends for Stateroom Attendants against pre-established targets and through guest feedback. Supports Housekeeping Management in achieving and exceeding quantitative and qualitative goals and targets set for Housekeeping guest satisfaction ratings, GOLD Anchor Quality Reviews, employee satisfaction scores, Public Health inspections and audits, and Housekeeping Operational Reviews.
8. Ensures staterooms are serviced, cleaned and maintained to the highest standards. Serves as Housekeeping ambassador to all guests on assigned deck. Maintains close communication with Guest Services team on all guest related matters to ensure guests’ satisfaction levels are aximized.
9. Oversees luggage delivery for all guests on assigned deck(s) as part of each voyage turnaround, ensuring prompt delivery and collection in safe and organized manner.
10. Performs stores inventory on assigned deck for all operational needs and supplies and measures against pre-established par levels. Seeks to minimize consumption and manage costs through waste reduction practices and maintenance of optimal inventory levels.
11. Ensures cleaning equipment and supplies are maintained and that all team members are adequately trained to ensure proper and effective use.
12. Monitors compliance to all USPH cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout assigned areas consistently. Addresses issues and findings immediately, and ensures corrective action and re-training take place.
13. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing organizational standards, procedures, and legal regulations and promoting Workplace Safety.
Effectively monitors, overseas and makes improvements to workplace safety within the division and throughout the ship. Attends mandatory crew and guest safety drills, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
14. Assigns duties and responsibilities to team members. Observes and evaluates team members through open and honest feedback to ensure high quality standards are met. This should be done constantly both in formal evaluations and also informally while on the job throughout each team member’s contract to further each team member’s personal development.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
At least 21 years of age
speak good English
are hospitable and friendly person
having relevant experience
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in housekeeping operation of large 4 or 5 Star hotels (500+ rooms), cruise line or hospitality industry related field required, with demonstrated experience supervising team of minimum of 10 employees
- Minimum of one to two years of guest room cleaning experience in 4 or 5 star hotel or cruise line equivalent
- Specific knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution, demonstrated strong attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of discretion, patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with supervisors and crew members to resolve problems and negotiate amicable resolution to challenges
- Flexibility to manage, direct and encourage a positive, dynamic, diverse Housekeeping Supervisor team by navigating through a changing work environment
- Should be able to utilize and administer the progressive disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance where possible
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the Housekeeping division operation
- Should harbor a flexible outlook towards placement throughout the fleet, considering changing fleet-wide operational business needs
- Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling, linen par levels, public health standards, computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Office) and office equipment
- Completion of high school or equivalent required
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to meeting all requirements listed above, internal candidates must have a minimum of 16 months experience as a Stateroom Attendant or Linen Runner and meet all requirements defined in the “Chart Your Course” program. Must have completed a minimum of 90 days in current position with demonstrated strong performance results.
- Required to speak English clearly and distinctly, has aptitude to read and write English in
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian or German required
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks