- In an IKEA store, each manager is his/her own Human Resources Manager. However, with such a large organisation, a Human Resources Manager is needed for support
- You are responsible to secure that all staff contracts for all co workers and managers are in line with local legislation regarding labour market conditions
- You are responsible to make sure that all managers in the store that have staff responsibility are trained in legislation so that they are able to manage their staff according to these rules
- You are the store’s specialist in methods and processes regarding:
- the total store achieving the staff cost levels as set in budget
- selection and recruitment
- training and development
- management and leadership
- successor and career planning
- You provide this know how to all managers in the store.
- You reinforce the IKEA culture in the store
- You ensure that the total salary costs measured both in total currency value and in % of sales are in line with the targets set for your store and that you are able to keep your costs down at the level where IKEA can always have the lowest price on the products in your market
- You ensure that the salary levels of each position are competitive related to the local market enabling your organisation to recruit the right co workers and managers
- You assure that IKEA on your market live up to the social commitments and is perceived as a well respected employer whose brand is regarded in a positive way by the many people
- You guide and give support to the managers in your store with
- selection and recruitment
- compilation of job descriptions (and updating these)
- You ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented with regards to your area of responsibility.
- You plan and provide basic introductory programs for all new co workers
- You keep the store management up to date with internal and external training and development programs
- You plan and manage according to the guidelines in the Store Operations the IKEA Way manual.
- You guide and support the stores’ management with recruiting based on the business plan
- You ensure that there is a functional scheduling, time keeping and salary payment IT-system in the store
- You follow-up on your countries plan to establish new stores and the co-worker turnover and create plan for recruitment need
- You ensure effective internal communication within the store.
- You are responsible for developing the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility.
- You and your department are responsible to contribute to the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars.
- You manage Human Resources in accordance with local legislation
- You maintain a trustful co-operation with the unions (if applicable).
- You support the stores managers with succession and career planning
General retailing experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years Human Resources management experience, retail preferred.
- Must have strong mediation and counselling skills.
- Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities.
- Must have deep knowledge of local laws and regulations concerning the labour market
- Must have the ability to acquire and analyze local market demographics, economic and labour market conditions.
- Must have an interest in home furnishings.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors
- In conflicts you are the mediator that try to balance both sides view of the situation and try to find long term solutions that are beneficial to IKEA’s reputation as a good employer