Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB creates, manufactures and distributes molecular biology products for life science research and diagnostics. Products are exported to more than 80 countries. Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB successfully expands its activities and invites to a friendly and more than 750 employees team:
INFECTIOUS DISEASE CONTROLS R&D SCIENTIST
- Short description:
- To take a leading role in the development of controls for infectious diseases and transfer of molecular biology products from R&D to manufacturing and provide technical support to manufacturing for on-market products.
- To work collaboratively with product management, bioinformatics, manufacturing, and other R&D teams to take provide support to other new microbial focused assay products and applications through concept, feasibility, development, and commercialization. Long term focus to extend to developing products in Oncology.
- The successful candidate should have a proven track record in developing products within a robust product development process and have the technical capability to develop experimental hypotheses, design and perform experiments, analyze data sets, and write protocols and reports.
- To interact with project teams remotely.
- MS or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, oncology or related field.
Intimate knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry, qPCR, capillary electrophoresis, microarray and/or next generation sequencing technologies.
- Experience with technical data analysis software and genome/transcriptome databases, has an applications background in infectious disease.
- Good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable working independently without direct, day-to-day supervision.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and is disciplined to be action-oriented and flexible.
- Can work under time pressure to deliver in short timelines to meet customer needs.
- Problem solves using knowledge of technical product details, design control and basic regulatory issues.
- Recommends and executes changes to processes, procedures or products internally to the department.
- Follows strict operating procedures in a regulated environment.
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.