Currently I am looking for an Infrastructure Automation Engineer – DevOps to join the Platform Systems Engineering team and lead the way of automation development best practices and work diligently to educate and mentor other staff members about modern dev practices. This position will be critical in helping to build the automation development skillsets and discipline across traditional infrastructure personnel.
- • Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
• Analyze, acquire, install, modify and support operating systems.
• Conduct highly complex systems automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring.
• Collaborate with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards, design and develop security automation to perform actions such as service hardening and credential rotations
• Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
• Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc… to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products.
• Maintain existing documentation and create one of new products, systems processes and procedures.
• Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the stakeholders, and restore system issues.
- • 5+ years of working experience scripting in Shell, Bash or PowerShell and/or traditional development experience in Python (preferred), Java, or C#, working on APIs/REST API
• Experience with source control (git or svn preferred) and CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, CloudBees, Travis, or similar)
• Experience automating and maintaining Operating System configurations on platforms such as Windows, Debian, and RHEL (CentOS, Fedora, etc.)
• Experience engineering automation for scale, in AWS and/or Azure
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
• Extensive knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies for server OS, including clustered solutions.
• Experience with VMware suite to include ESXi, Virtual Center, and vRA
• Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
• Strong knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
- • An opportunity to work with a global company, big scale next generation infrastructure and security automation team to establish new methods for accomplishing tasks.
• Flexible working hours as long as the job is done.