Under general direction of the Senior Manager – IT Service Delivery, responsible for participating in the planning and coordination of technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects and deliverables are accomplished within specified timeframes and funding parameters.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing large-scale projects with high level of complexity;
- Assists in creating and/or reviewing project proposals or plans to help determine timeframes and processes for completing the project;
- Defines and understands the technical scope and objectives of the project;
- Resolves escalated issues and works with other IT teams to resolve;
- Prepares status reports for project team and sponsors; includes identifying significant wins, losses, risks, issues and opportunities.
- Adheres to and assists in the development of standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Ensures that tasks are completed as scheduled and reports results to management, sponsors and senior management;
- Works closely with business owners to ensure technologies developed support or solve the business need; works closely with technologists to ensure that business priorities, goals and objectives are clear.
- Monitors resources required to complete project such as task assignments, resource loading and scheduling.
- Level 2/Level 3 or similar support experience;
- Knowledge of applicable programming languages used at ABC; strong understanding of current technologies;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions;
- Strong decision making skills;
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail;
- Project management skills or ability to manage team would be an advantage;
- IP telephony knowledge/experience would be an advantage.