If you have experience and passion for system and application development, programming and maintenance of IP Services, you now have the opportunity for an exciting job in an international organization. Telia Company focus on your personal and professional development and provide great career opportunities.
Transport Networks are responsible for Development, System - and Resource Life Cycle (RLC) management of the Transmission and IP infrastructure in the Nordics and Carrier. Responsibility includes Business -, Mobile - and Consumer Services and IP Services to support the networks and automation of network provisioning.
Transport NW’s main objective and mission is in close collaboration, with efficient and industry best practices, serve Telia business units in the countries and Carrier with an optimal network and service design included hardware and software for us together to reach agreed quality, cost, and time to market objectives.
The Automation and Systems unit is responsible for implementing the technology strategy, perform development and RLC management of platforms supporting the IP networks with IP Services. The main platforms are Accedian Performance Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, Radius, Arbor TMS and SP, CISCO NSO in addition to in-house developed systems.
Job description and responsibilities
As a system engineer you will have the responsibility to develop and maintain systems and applications. You will be working within a wide range of diverse technologies stretching from databases, networking, servers, clusters and other components and services. Typical daily tasks will involve life cycle management, development and problem solving. Additionally you will have a key role when it comes to system design and aid stakeholder in the decision making process to secure quality and customer satisfaction.
- System and application specialist in projects
- Develop and deploy continuous changes
- Continuously keep different technical documentation up to date
- Single point of contact towards several stakeholders
- Problem solving with an proactive/preventative approach
- Work together with the team to secure and maintain the Service Level Agreement towards our stakeholders
You should have a bachelor's degree in computer science or similar and relevant work experience as listed below. You are self-managing and structured, you enjoy collaboration with colleagues located in other countries and can take responsibility and accountability to secure high quality deliveries across the Telia footprint. We are looking for engineers who have persistence and stamina to deliver quality and you should have a positive mindset and see possibilities. Working language is English and you we expects you to speak and write English fluently. Colleagues are located in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki and you need to open to travel and spend time in those locations when needed.
Knowledge and experiences:
- System/application development
- Linux/Unix servers
- Python skills are needed.
- Development including object-oriented concepts skills are preferred.
- Java and Perl knowledge is a plus
- YANG and XML (including XPATH) modeling languages
- Revision control and source code repositories (Git)
- Network abstraction, e.g. Cisco NSO
- SQL and TCP/IP networking