The successful candidate will be responsible for making the environment a safer place to do business by:
- Management of Security sign-off of firewall related change activities.
- Provide ongoing assurance that compliance requirements are being satisfied.
- Lead security involvement in improvement projects. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Gate keeper role for all firewall related change activities.
- Adherence to regulator requirement, security policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of company security policy and Business risk appetite.
- Identification of potential security risks and minimizes security risk exposure to the organization.
- Provision of on-going expert consultancy to infrastructure and project teams for proposed firewall rules design and implementation.
- Proactive involvement with the 3rd party supplier in the sign-off process prior to live deployment and attendance of technical forums.
- Provide input to the firewall evaluation process.
- Adherence with the 3rd party outsourced contractual requirements.
- Perform queue management and meet SLA target.
- Support security incidents handling/investigation relating to firewall changes.
- Develop assurance mechanism and enforce security and control objectives.
- Develop monitoring mechanism on compliance status.
- Meet the needs of key internal and external regular reporting requirement.
- Assess change integrity in architecture design, firewall instance deployment and rule implementations.
- Lead GIS Firewall involvement in process development and improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain standardized and repeatable operational processes.
- Develop security incident and security violation processes and procedures.
- Contribute to security policy development and reviews.
- Lead the design and delivery of firewall security solutions.
- Participate in develop and maintain strong and constructive relationships with stakeholders.
- Aid in the management of the relationships with in-sourced and outsourced firewall services.
- Maintain awareness and deep understanding of IT security issues within the firewall estate – as appropriate escalating to the Firewall Control Manager to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to promote information security awareness and ensure consistency in security policy and procedures.
- Provide coaching to ensure team members are aligned to the business goals and culture.
- Provide objective feedback and input into the formal Performance Management reviews as requested.
- Takes initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in IT industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP, networking protocols and Network Security.
- Knowledge of well known ports and protocols and associated vulnerabilities.
- Competent in discussing IT security technology solutions.
- Can challenge Technical designs and the use of port, protocols and applications.
- Knowledge of Juniper firewalls, Lucent, CyberGuard, F5 (ASM) & Nokia.
- Knowledge of firewall management tools and interfaces.
- Fully up to date with developments in individual areas of expertise.
- In depth knowledge of appropriate Principles, Practices and Standards that support the implementation of Information Security Policy.
- Knowledge of preferred risk assessment methodologies.
- Fluent English skills.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “LEAD FIREWALL SECURITY CONSULTANT”
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.