- A Lead Network Engineering Technologist / Team Leader is responsible for defining the Network LAN/WAN/MAN, voice PBX, call logging, voicemail,
- voice recording infrastructure layer and strategy for the enterprise.
- The Lead Network Engineering Technologist reports to the Head of Network Engineering and 'owns' the responsibility for network infrastructure component roadmaps.
- responsible for ensuring that the current network architecture and infrastructure strategy documentation are current and fit for purpose.
- Network Infrastructure Strategy covers components such as routers, switches, load-balancers, DNS, firewalls, WAN optimisation, NTP, Routing protocols, multicast, QOS,, firewalls, PBX, call loggers, voice recorders, IVR, voicemail, voice network management platforms etc. This is not an exhaustive list but is intended to demonstrate the complexity and range of components that make up the Infrastructure Portfolio.
- Will provide and drive strategies and roadmaps for complex, most critical and usually most costly network infrastructure solutions, will have a deep knowledge in more than one component and a broad knowledge many other components.
- Leading and driving change through complex components of the overall IT infrastructure/ IT applications.
- Design and oversee changes to the infrastructure in support of client requirements.
- Communicating GRCBT Vision and Business Plan to team members.
- Appropriate capabilities within the teams are maintained and developed
- Performance is differentiated, recognising staff appropriately in line with a high performing organisation
- Proven knowledge and expertise of specific technical platforms:
- In depth, detailed knowledge of all major components of voice network infrastructure used within the Barclays group - e.g. PBX, voice recording, call logging, IVR etc. to detailed design engineer level.
- In-depth, detailed knowledge and experience of VoIP technology and its implementation in a Cisco switched/routed environment with Nortel equipment to provide a converged voice and network solution.
- Proven experience of implementing pro-active management of voice/telephony platforms to ensure that infrastructure meets the requirements of the business.
- Proven experience of working with the Nortel and BT Services team on developing complex global solutions and to develop and maintain pro-active technology roadmaps.
- In-depth appreciation of all PSTN services.
- Design and implementation of a global telephony dial-plan within a financial organisation.
- Experience of IP-trunking technology and its implementation.
- Integration of mobile telephony with PBX environment to deliver cost savings and increased functionality.
- Nortel Meridian technology, In-depth voicemail, call-logging and voice recording design experience.
- Fluent English.
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “Lead Network Engineering Technologist (Voice)" to
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.