This role is for a Technical Leader in the Distributed Engineering (DE) Supporting Technologies Team. The successful candidate will lead the Windows
Active Directory technical team responsible for
- Developing Post Implementation “Best Practice, Troubleshooting and Operational guides” to aid support of installed services
- Implementation of Business driven changes, Configuration of Group Policies and Integration of AD Management tools/services.
- Integration and support of 3rd party Directory services products.
- Problem resolution including: problem management, root cause analysis and implementation of remedies The role holder will play a key technical role in driving many Infrastructure activities, including:
- Contributing to the Design, Development and Proof of Concept (POC) for changes to the existing Active Directory Technologies & implementation of new Technologies
- Operational reviews and recommendations to improve current platform
- Technical support to facilitate design & delivery of Business driven changes
- Working with the Architects, Product Managers and Platform Engineers to upgrade infrastructure/Services
- Working with group IT Security and Governance teams to ensure all IT Security policies and standards are applied
- Management of own & Team’s tasks and responsibilities to ensure the efficient running of the Supported Technologies Security Engineering Team.
- Ensure Team members fulfil their corporate responsibilities (e.g. KYR, PD, Training, Time recording etc…) and provides direction / support to team members
- Manages interface with other teams, internal / external stakeholders as necessary. Where required, undertakes work outside of direct responsibility, to ensure business continuity.
- Mentors less experienced technicians to ensure infrastructure components are built and deployed in a consistent, simple and effective manner.
- Deep understanding of internal & external environment related to Directory Services:
- Can identify the specific functions, responsibilities, key customers and relationships
- Can describe rationale for major IT initiatives and identify major IT issues
- Contributes to the development and implementation of standards and procedures
- Able to interpret and apply policies and standards
- Can discuss potential risks and benefits of emerging technologies
- Has participated in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Possesses expert knowledge of Directory Services Technologies / Products.
- Detailed knowledge of :
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Quest Directory Services Tools (QARS, InTrust, GPO Admin, Reporter etc…)
- Windows NT/2000/2003/2008
- Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM)
- Configuration Management, Provisioning / Deployment systems & technologies
- Windows Security & Device Control – IPSEC, Device Control (Lumension), PointSec, PGP, Symantec End Point protection (SEP 11), Appsense
- Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare ESX)
- Fluent English skills.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “LEAD WINDOWS ENGINEER (DIRECTORY SERVICES)”
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.