* Design new lighting products and systems using LED light sources
* Key product types under development include LED replacement lamps, indoor and outdoor luminaries for use in general lighting applications
* Use knowledge of lighting standards (ANSI, IEC, IES, UL, etc.) to define product requirements which meet all application requirements.
* Use application requirements to define product. Includes use of key software tools to develop concepts and predict performance.
1) Solidworks or similar 3D solid modeling software
2) Optisworks or similar optical modeling tools
* Define/develop all key aspects of LED systems products including device selection, optical design/modeling, electrical layout, thermal and mechanical design and materials selection.
* Use both predictive modeling and DFSS/DFR tools like accelerated life testing to ensure final LED systems meet strict quality/reliability criteria.
* Use measurement tools to quantify product performance. Includes electrical characterization (oscilloscopes, power measurement, etc.), photometric measurements (photometry, goniometry, etc), thermal measurement and LED device characterization (forward current, droop, thermal de-rating, etc)
* Cooperate with product management team to define the product appearance and rendering
* Optimize the design for cost competitiveness and manufacturability
* Collaborate with optical engineers, mechanical/thermal engineers and electronics engineers to perform the testing and evaluation
* Collaborate with lab engineer to set up systems testing and beta testing plan
* BS/MS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Semiconductor Engineering, Physics, Optics or Mechanical Engineering from accredited university
* At least 3 years hands-on design in electro-optical systems with modeling & material science experience
* Good understanding of subsystem interactions and able to balance design tradeoffs
* At least 2 years LED product design experience
* Able to use English as working language
* Ability to provide quick-turn solutions and creative conceptualization
* Excellent teamwork; must be able to influence cross-functionally and within the team
* Excellent interpersonal/facilitation skills; strong verbal and written communications skills
* Self motivated; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction
* Problem solver, must have experience in translating customer/marketing requirements into technical specifications Additional Eligibility Qualifications Desired Characteristics
* Knowledge of LED application, lighting and colors
* Knowledge of LED products design and manufacturing
* Knowledge of LED related subsystems include electrical, mechanical, thermal and optical
* Technical project management experience preferred
* Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
* Industrial Design experience preferred