Global Middleware provides Middleware technology for the majority of Barclays clients. The team is global with locations in Europe, Africa and Asia and
comprises of 250+ employees. We are seeking a leader to provide in-country leadership to the Global Middleware team in Lithuania and aid our
- Lead a global team of Middleware Integration Engineers supporting bank’s business units
- Build lead and motivate the team to high performing organisation standards. Inspire the team to meet stretch targets and through personal development and management, grow ‘A’ player capability.
- Develop and implement best in class practices and drive the team towards the standards expected of a high performing organisation.
- Communicate with passion and enthusiasm embracing change as a way of working, whilst coaching others within the team to embrace change as well.
- Provide leadership and coaching to ensure that all staff understand and are aligned to the goals and culture of Middleware and GRCBT.
- Build and develop a team culture and capability that embraces the external environment and enables us to measure and continuously develop our products, services and people.
- In conjunction with Global Middleware management and colleagues contribute to the development of the strategy and operating plans for Middleware globally, and specifically for the Global Middleware Lithuania team
- Translate the strategies and plans into operating plans and objectives for self, direct reports and subordinates; track progress and drive achievement
- Direct the definition and successful operation of the services provided by the department, ensuring successful achievement of performance targets
- Provide direction (through a team of direct reports) to technical staff undertaking project-based IT infrastructure development for bank’s projects and providing 3rd line IT support to help address technical incidents.
- Manage the departmental budget as delegated within Global Middleware
- Ensure operation of appropriate controls and management
- Direct and plan the recruitment and training of all staff within the department
- Budget for and secure funds to develop staff skills in line with technologies used and anticipated within the team
- Ensure that assigned staff understand and operate within the requirement of Barclays policies, and within legal and regulatory framework
- Ensure that operating processes are defined and operating effectively
- IT management experience
- IT infrastructure development/infrastructure management experience
- Service management experience
- Departmental strategy and planning
- Stakeholder management
- Staff recruitment and training
- Staff supervision
- Cost centre management
- Experience of working across international boundaries and time zones
- Fluent English skills.
For information, the software products listed below fall within the scope of Global Middleware: technical mastery of these products is not a specific
requirement, although familiarity with some or all of the products listed in an infrastructure context would be an advantage.
Business Process Orchestration
Data Manipulation & Movement
IBM DB2 Connect
Gentran Integration Suite
IBM WebSphere MQ
Enterprise Application Integration
IBM WebSphere MQ Broker
IBM WebSphere Business Modeller
IBM WebSphere Business Monitor
IBM WebSphere Process Server
IBM WebSphere Ent Service Bus
IBM WebSphere Service Reg & Repository
IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender
IBM HTTP Server
IBM WebSphere Application Server
Sun Java Web server
Apache Web server
Authentication & Authorisation
Sun Java Directory server
IBM Tivoli Identity Manager
IBM Tivoli Access Manager
IBM Directory Server
IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator
Monitoring & Alerting
Sterling Control Centre
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “MIDDLEWARE LEAD” to email@example.com.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.