Employer: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
The Photographer is responsible for photographing guests involved in ship and tour activities
throughout the cruise and producing quality photographic products for sale to the guests.
Photo Trainees will be involved in shooting embarkation, gangways, standings Portraits,
dining room, couples and tables, deck, costumes etc as well as the following
- Will take proper care and maintenance of all photographic equipment assigned to them
- Will make effective use of training in regards to perspective and composition ideals.
- Will use proper application of photographic equipment including camera body controls, zone
- Will help photographers to set up portrait studios and photo props and adhere to all safety
- Will communicate effectively (in English) projecting a warm and friendly personality at all times.
- Will work together with the team to reach the goals of the department
- Will perform any task deemed appropriate by the Photo manager such as wear costumes
Photo Trainees must learn a basic understanding of the photo lab and production. They should adhere to the following:
- Be knowledgeable of all safety procedures relating to the Photo Lab
- Learn a basic knowledge of the Photo Lab and the process involved in producing a quality print.
- Will not operate any Photo Lab equipment without the presence of a trained Lab technician and
- When using the Photographers workstation they must not download any programs from other
- Take proper care of production equipment at all times and assist in keeping the lab clean.
- They should help with any storing of photo supplies.
- Adhere to company policy in regards of proper use, storage and handling of any chemicals.
Photo Trainees must learn the basic skills involved in selling both photographs and all related products and should always adhere to the following:
- Have a full knowledge of selling prices, discount, policies, and procedures in the Photo gallery
- Consistently suggests reprints (copies), additional services and products to CCL guest such as
at the sales desks.
- Be continually helpful and courteous to the guests.
- Will assist the guests in anyway to find or locate photos or products.
- Will help with stocking and storing of photo supplies such as folios, album, frames, etc.
- Will continuously keep the Photo display neat, tidy and organized.
- Will help clean and maintain the Photo gallery and sales areas.
- At least 20 years of age
- Good English
- Hospitable personality
- Relevant work experience
Photo Trainees must possess and demonstrate the following:
- Show a genuine interest in shipboard photography and guest service
- Pleasant outgoing personality.
- Great attitude and positive outlook.
- Effective communication (in English) skills.
- Maintain proper grooming and personal hygiene.
- Project a professional image.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills
- Adhere to set schedules and maintain proper time keeping
- Be a team player
- Apply the “Seven Steps to Courtesy” to communicate with guest.
- Perform any task deemed appropriate by the photo manager.
Photo Trainees on all ships must adhere to the following:
- Photograph CCL guests involved in ship activities throughout the cruise.
- Produce quality photographic products for sale to CCL guest.
- Sell Photo Department generated products and services to CCL guests.
- Interact in a positive way with CCL passengers and onboard staff and fellow crewmembers.
the guest experience. Photographers must always be friendly, helpful, honest, and project a
Work on cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Hospitality experience in International team.
Food, accommodation, and insurance expenses are covered by the company.