Rigging PICW and riggers for the building and upgrading of
telecommunication sites in line with customer requirements and standard.
Responsible for leading a rigging crew to complete builds within timeframes,
budgets and adherence to all health and safety requirements.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs various antenna and transmission lines along with auxiliary
- Ensures proper inspection and use of personal safety equipment.
- Ensures that all company equipment is well maintained and in safe operating
- Identifies and selects, cables, ropes, blocks and tackle by weight and size of
- Conducts inventory inspections and sorts received materials on site.
- Installs various antenna mounts.
- Performs plumb and tension guyed structures.
- Installs various antenna and transmission line systems on towers, roof tops
o Assembling and installation of various types of antennas
o Running all transmission lines up the tower
o Installing connectors on transmission lines along with hoisting grips,
hangers and ground kits.
o Adjusting antennas on tower with the correct azimuth and tilts.
o Performing microwave antenna alignment.
- Installs various ancillary items including:
o Ice guards on tower to protect dishes
o Anti-climbs and fall arrest systems
o Lighting systems
o Grounding systems
- Gives direction to Crane Operators engaged in hoisting and moving loads, to
- Follows all company and customer safety policies and procedures, and
- Trains Junior Staff
- Complete Sweep and PIM testing of feeders.
- Uploading of handover documentation in a timely manner
- Familiar working on Eir, Vodafone and Three networks
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must be familiar with tower erection, antenna and transmission line
- Must be able to read blue print and assembly drawings.
- Must hold current fall arrest and high angel rescue certifications.
- Must be physically fit be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able and willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able and willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- Work well on a team.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and follow instructions carefully.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must take first aid certification course.
- Minimum completion of high school education or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Previous experience working on Huawei, Ericsson and Nokia equipment
- Rooftop accreditation
- Working at heights
- Tower rescue
- Garda Clearance
- ESB inducted