- Develop and maintain pipe classes for projects
- Act as technical expert in Buying Teams
- Decide on piping components like valves, supports, thermal insulation, stress calculations etc.
- Trouble shooting regarding piping problems like vibrations etc
- Lead and participate in review & audits
- Participate as expert in projects e.g. design verifications etc
- Owner of Borealis Common Engineering Specifications and related recommended engineering practice documents in the piping area (piping and insulation)
The purpose of Technical Support Group (P & OS) is to provide the highest level technical expertise within the selected engineering areas. P & OS engineers give technical support to Borealis? polyolefin and olefin plants, including our joint venture in United Arab Emirates, participate in the projects and assist the plants to enhance operability and improve competitiveness.
The purpose of Piping Expert role is to ensure compliance with established Borealis and Project specific procedures and engineering design standards. The role holder is also responsible for establishing recommended engineering practices to reduce the life cycle cost in this area and to develop and maintain specifications.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience of working with piping design/field engineering in oil, gas, petrochemical, Pulp & Paper or nuclear industry
- Familiar with use of various tools for stress calculation, piping design and FEM modeling
- Fluent in oral and written English
- High technical capability. Demonstrated knowledge with design and construction codes/standards for piping, insulation and painting.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams
- Achievement orientation
- Conceptual thinking
- Cultural and organizational awareness
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork & Co-operation
- Impact and Influence
- Terms of assignment: Local employment conditions
The position reports to: Jan-Olav Kvitnes , Manager Technical Support