We have an open position for a platform engineer in our Asset Management Platform engineering team, based in Vilnius.
The Vilnius team is part of a dynamic cross-site organisation, headquartered in Copenhagen, which will assume responsibility for the software maintenance and operation of reporting solutions and business applications on the Wealth Management Asset and Fund Management platform. The platform is an enterprise class multitier and multi technology setup that is the backbone of one of the biggest asset management businesses in the Nordics.
You will be part of a technically diverse team, with experience within Windows and Linux/Unix platforms, Oracle technologies and the Asset Management industry and will work independently but with close and informal contact with colleagues in Copenhagen and Bangalore. The environment is casual and agile, with a focus on teamwork, knowledge sharing and on delivering and maintaining first class solutions to support business and your colleagues.
Your most important tasks will cover:
- • Maintaining and supporting the Vermilion reporting system and other peripheral systems that make up the SC Dimension business platform;
• Building up knowledge and taking technical ownership of new applications/ systems as they are introduced into the business platform;
• Creating and updating system documentation for systems that make up the SC Dimension business platform;
• Contributing to the development of best practices for the maintenance and support of the SC Dimension platform;
• Using Danske Banks ITIL based procedures for change management and service management when ordering changes to systems managed by Danske Banks service providers. This entails adhering to production freeze rules and using service requests and changes requests where appropriate;
• Participating in patching duties of the underlying platform. This primarily entails ensuring that relevant application services are stopped and re-started prior to and after patching activities;
• Configuration of servers, and services and development of scripts on Windows and Linux/Unix servers;
• Troubleshooting of issues in Windows server 2012, 2016, Red Hat, Gentoo, AIX and Oracle based platforms and participation in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) activities.
The ideal candidate has the following education, skills and experience:
- • At least 3 years of experience with client server based solutions that run on Linus/Unix or Windows;
• Any scripting language skills;
• Ability to work well in teams and be analytical and cooperative;
• Open-minded, trustworthy, constructive and robust personality;
• Good communication skills and excellent written and verbal skills in English;
• Broad understanding of IT governance and the use of ITIL as an IT management framework;
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree within IT is an advantage;
• Prior experience of working with IT in a financial service context is an advantage;
• Familiarity with or knowledge about Oracle and SQL, LAN technologies/communication and Citrix Presentation Server would be an advantage;
• Familiarity with SC Dimension, Vermilion and/or IM Action is an advantage.
- • An inspiring environment in a large IT organization
• A perfect opportunity to join an international IT team with the responsibility of maintaining and supporting an innovative financial services solution.
• The opportunity to influence and shape your own work tasks as part of the build-up of the team members in Vilnius.
• Initial training and education needed to support the applications and platform you will work with.
• We expect our new team members can stay in Copenhagen for 2-3 months for their initial training and education
• Regular training to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis.
• Highly skilled team and career opportunities
• Cross business career opportunities in bank