Work from home office in any Nordic country or our office in Riga, Tallinn or Vilnius
SIA Estonian, Latvian & Lithuanian Environment is looking for experts for nature and/or environmental project monitoring.
The task consists of monitoring EU-funded nature and environmental projects and acting as a point of contact for beneficiaries. The expert will closely monitor the projects and verify that the projects implement the actions and meet the objectives stated in the grant agreement and the Commission decisions for the projects as well as any supplementary agreements/additional clauses given.
The expert follows and assesses the project’s progress at a technical level, assesses its financial progress/management and its technical coherence with the incurred costs.
An eligible expert candidate must have an excellent command of English and very good writing skills. Good knowledge of Danish, Swedish, or Finnish language is a must, knowledge of other EU official language (especially other Nordic or Baltic languages) is an asset.
Specific requirements that shall be reflected in the CV: good knowledge of EU environmental and/or nature conservation policies, and at experience 3 years of proven experience in project implementation, including financial aspects of project management, or other professional experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Nature conservation and management at local level,
- Habitat’s Directive and Natura2000 Network,
- Protection of wild birds (Birds’ Directive),
- Actions concerning halting loss of biodiversity,
- Environmental Policy and Governance, particularly Climate Change, Water, Air, Soil, Urban environment, Noise, Chemicals, Environment and health, Natural resources and waste, Forest, Innovation, Strategic approaches.
Other skills required:
- Oral communication skills,
- Interviews techniques,
- Team-working in an international team,
- Working under stress,
- Constant availability for relatively unpredictable evaluation tasks.
Candidates, willing to work full-time or part time will be considered. Minimum part-time work load is 60 working days per year; exact work load will vary over time. Duration of the first contract is 12 months, further extension is possible. Applications from freelance experts are also welcome.
In return we offer an interesting and challenging work opportunity in an international team of experts. The contract includes up to ten short missions abroad each year. Expert can work from home office, located in any Nordic or Baltic country, or make use of our offices in Riga, Tallinn, or Vilnius.