This role is part of the accounting organization support the settlement operations and accounting functions. The primary purpose of the role is to produce
accurate daily settlement with agents, work effectively with our agents and business partners, perform month end close procedures, while maintaining
effective internal control procedures.
- Settlement with Western Union
- Settlement with subagents
- Banking related to settlement
- Daily reconciliation of agent’s accounts
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts
- Commission calculations and payments
- Agent transaction adjustments – refunds, etc.
- Accounting for all settlement related activities and accounts
- Month end close procedures, including daily and month end journal entries
- Monthly reconciliations
- Agent queries and escalations
- Business partner queries and escalations
- Process improvements
- Compliance with SOX and internal controls
- Proactive and daily communication with business partners and agents
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or equivalent education
- 1-3 years accounting experience
- Fluent in English, major European languages a plus (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Detail orientated with strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment
- Proficient computing skills with all common office programs
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with tight timeframes
As an independent company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, the employees of The Western Union Company® focus exclusively on serving
our customers, growing our business and creating value for our shareholders. We provide a valuable service to millions of people around the world.
Western Union is all about choice. We thank you for your interest in Western Union.
We offer a challenging, fast-paced and multicultural environment with the chance to grow! Say “Yes” to a “YES-company”!