The Insurance Systems Sr. Business Analyst will provide analysis and design support to existing and new clients in the insurance industry. Will work with Sales, Marketing, and Business Development staff to create business cases and solutions for Exigen's application suite of software to clients in the insurance industry. Establishes a critical path for requirements gathering based on priority and interdependences; manages and coordinates business analysis in one or more functional areas leading the analysis effort in one designated area by managing a group of junior analysts (usually overseas); performs specified data analysis and studies as requested, and develops and presents reports.
1. Work with clients on a project to understand their business needs and to resolve business issues (interviews, JAD sessions, documentation analysis)
2. Act as a liaison between client SMEs and delivery organization in clarifying requirements, controlling scope creep, and pursuing client to adhere to readily available in Exigen Insurance Suite functionality by suggesting workarounds and least effort acceptable solutions.
3. Participate in cross-functional teams to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications. Evaluate existing Exigen applications, which could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate.
4. Lead a team of BAs and sometimes architects to resolve system analysis/design issues. Take full responsibility for requirements quality from gathering (working with client) through implementation (working with development and QA).
5. Understand and analyze regulatory information to determine impact on system and ensure quality of system changes through development and execution of system test plans. Create, with the project manager, the project definition, summarizing all of the requirements gathered and defining the scope of the solution, including what is NOT in scope.
6. Conduct user training and system demos. Working knowledge of ACORD/LOMA standards.
7. Up to 50% domestic and/or international travel required
8. College degree or equivalent in work experience with a Bi/multi-lingual is a plus.
1. 5 to 10 years experience in the insurance industry with background either as an analyst/technology employee of insurance company or having acted as a consultant providing services to insurance companies.
2. Proven expertise in at least one major functional area of insurance business (e.g. policy/quote, billing, claims, etc.).
3. Must have played a major role in the roll out of projects from Initiation to Deployment to Commercialization/Adoption and must have proven consultative and advisory skills.
4. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively to gain cooperation within a multi-disciplinary team. Understanding of competitive market for insurance software.
5. Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques. Must have knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
6. Knowledge of the principles of insurance business decision-making with the ability to develop and deliver presentations, business analysis and plans. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
Interesting and responsible work with international companies,
Possibilities for personal development while working with high end technologies,
Gathering experience from very professional colleagues,
Working in friendly, youthful and professional team,
Participation in decision making process,
Motivational salary depending on experience and work results,
Other benefits - health insurance, gym, additional vacation days, new office