MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibility will be to conduct various consulting projects for clients, analysing existing processes and infrastructure, identifying gaps, and making enhancement recommendations in one or several of the following areas:
- Develop or redevelop the PD, LGD and EAD model methodologies.
- Develop advanced credit risk analytics covering customer Risk Rating, Probability of Default, Loss Given Default and Exposure at Default, to support Credit's key decision making processes.
- Plan and oversee the mining and analysis of internal loss data and work with clients for segment analysis and calculation of portfolio-level risk metrics
- Provide support in developing detailed analysis and reporting on all significant matters related to the risk models and their performance
- Establish and review clients’ processes to capture data on credit losses, model performance and overrides
- Work with the clients’ independent validation team to facilitate the models independent validation
- Work with the clients Technology responsible for Rating Systems team to effect models' implementation
- Work with the client’s EC and Risk Based Pricing Team to translate models output into input for the EC calculation
- Provide advice to the clients’ internal auditor(s) and possibly others on risk modelling
TECHNICAL QUALITIES NEEDED:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing credit risk models
- At least 8 years experience in Financial Services, Financial Risk Management Software or Professional Services / Risk Management Advisory ( Big banks or similar risk advisory ) with exposure to the technology that facilitates credit risk management (and related risk management areas)
- Experience in the financial services, banking, securities, insurance or investment management industries, with specific experience with risk management.
- Quantitative risk management methods and financial risk systems (Algorithmics, Summit, SunGard, SAS, KMV, Risk Metrics, Risk Calc, and similar risk management / credit risk packages )
- Experience in sophisticated methods of credit portfolio / credit risk management, the credit risk life cycle at a major financial institution, risk /credit ratings frameworks, regulatory drivers of credit risk management, credit and risk reporting, complex global risk and credit risk projects
- Data modelling, statistical or qualitative techniques of validating models
- An advanced quantitative degree
- Formal credit training and / or risk management professional designations (i.e.: FRM - Financial Risk Manager) are a plus
- Excellent project management and process analysis skills
- Ability to design creative, practical solutions for complex process problems.
- Ability to partner with the business and work with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting; self motivated and action oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, to determine priorities, and complete projects with little supervision.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- Good team player with smart appearance
BEHAVIOURAL QUALITIES NEEDED:
- Challenge – Questions the status quo, looks for better alternative, provokes questions, listens to solutions and contributes to ideas. Doesn’t take the easy route, takes the best route. Looks beyond the obvious. Be objective in evaluating thoughts, opinions and ideas. Creates a positive and creative working environment. Embraces change as an opportunity
- Collaboration – Does not work in isolation, works with others. Asks for help if needed and supports others when asked. Is part of a team, isn’t a solo player. Looks for positive outcomes. Respects other peoples’ opinions, thoughts, feelings, backgrounds and experience. Celebrates with colleagues’ successes
- Drive – Is energetic in work and simulates others. Has a self belief in what can be achieved. Is determined and excels. Works hard, plays hard and gets the home/work balance right
- Realistic – Sees things as they really are. Considers the wider implications of a course of action. Is ambitious, not reckless and learns from mistakes. Is open to the fact that things sometimes go wrong. Is practical and keeps things in a commercial perspective
MANAGEMENT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Teamwork – Works effectively and cooperates with others, valuing each person’s perspective, experience and skills
- Communication – Clearly, concisely and accurately expresses thoughts, both in written and oral formats
- Problem solving – Demonstrates expertise required to do the job, able to make appropriate decisions within the time available
- Change orientation – Able to adapt working style with the ever-changing environment, altering priorities as needed
- Planning & organization – Methodically plans and manages time effectively prioritizing tasks and completing them within deadlines
- Quality improvement – Works to continuously improve products, services and work processes
- Self-advancement – Develops knowledge of the business and industry by constantly looking for learning opportunities
- Achieving results – Is results focused and is driven to exceed business expectations of the role
- Commercial awareness – Is able to understand and interpret the company business goals.
Salary: c. £50,000 p.a. plus benefits.
Car allowance, Company Pension Scheme, Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Income Protection Insurance (in case of accident or disability - up to 75% of base salary will be paid out), 25 days paid holiday plus Bank and statutory holidays.