Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
• Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
• Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
• Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
• Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
• Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
• Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
• Leading venture liquidations in cooperation with FM/Tax/Treasury/Legal, GDP preparation, guarantees termination, tax clearance, liabilities coverage, external consultancy, liquidator appointments, books clearing, final financial statements and audits
• Responsibility for Financial Reporting and budgeting: Group Reporting, MI for BPR/LoB, Revenue Transparency, Statutory Accounts, Tax reporting, Partner Reporting (billing statements, cash calls), input to Planning (OP/FYLE), supporting QPA preparation
• Supporting Statutory/JV partner/fiscal/government/controls/SIA and other non-standard audits
• Ensuring compliance with GRA, Transfer Pricing and Treasury policies, tax rulings, accounting procedures, cost recovery under JOA/PSC agreements
• Reviewing PCI/PCN/GIP/GFP, impairment reviews, cash forecasting, lease models, yearly FTE reviews
• Oversight on output of other FO processes and ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others
• Ability to translate contracts into accounting notes and experience in reviewing investment proposals
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
• Excellent communication/presentation and interpersonal/ relationship building skills and ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
• Promote finance as a partner to the business and ensure comprehensive financial support is in place for legal entities
• Providing knowledge sharing for controllers’ community
• Supervising a small team of financial controllers
• Ensuring resources are in place to support venture set-ups, acquisitions and liquidations as well as managing controllers scope migrations to FO
• Lead the team through all reporting requirements changes such as IFRS9/15/16 implementation, CBCR etc.
• Smooth transition to new ERPs (BLP Lite, S4Hana) and redesigning process steps across all FO departments to fulfil the needs of a new ERP platforms (if required)
• CI initiatives so that people could focus on value adding activities only
• work with constant change as a specific of New Ventures (entities are being established, rapidly growing, changing structures or to be liquidated in a very short notice)
• different ERP platforms being operated within the team (YLP, BLP, BG SAP etc.)
• Exceptional Communication skills and experience of stakeholder engagement at very senior level.
• Experience in working in a virtual environment is a pre-requisite.
• Network with other Controllers and Managers in SBO on a regular basis to review controls and processes.
• Network with the Business to ensure adequate business understanding is maintained. Connectivity will help align role with the underlying business and will ensure that the Finance and Business objectives are addressed appropriately.
• Champions Customer Focus - Sets the environment to allow establishment of strong working relationships within team and with individual stakeholders
• Maximize Business Opportunities – Lead and monitor process to identify and embed within team and implement CI/simplification opportunities
• Collaboration – as part of Network of Controllers and Managers across Process and Business share best practice
• Strong business partnering skills and focus to support business goals realisation
• Strong leadership and communication skills to lead, develop and empower team
• Excellent Change Management skills required for system changes and frequent scope fluctuations
• Perfect planning skills to accommodate constant migrations and scope growth
• Talent management to ensure proper skillset is in place for todays and future developments
• Effectively managing the escalations – to remove blockers and help the team to perform their tasks effectively
• Presentation skills to lead the team and business engagements
• Ability to work across interfaces in a multi-cultural setting