Purpose: to supervise a team of Fund Accountants in the valuation of funds to strict deadlines while contributing to the development of the department.
1. Assist Team members in meeting their individual objectives (timely and accurate completion of valuations, bank reconciliation's, timely and accurate completion of fund audits)
2. Team work flow (ensure adequate cover when people are sick or on annual leave, appropriate allocation of work within team, sharing of work within department, allocation of project work)
3. Communication (within team through effective team meetings; within team on a day to day basis; of all relevant issues to Manager on a timely basis; all telephone queries either resolved or addressed within 24 hours - no complaints
4. Team motivation through effective leadership and supervision - know and own your team
5. Broaden Knowledge base (investment restrictions, distributions, prospectuses)
6. Checking of fund (encourage self checking where appropriate to better manage time)
Minimum of two years experience in a fund accounting environment.
" Good attention to detail in order to ensure accurate valuations
" Good numerical skills
" Ability to work to deadlines
" Computer literate
" Good communication skills
" Organised in order to ensure valuations are timely
" competitive salary and bonuses;
" developement opportunities and recognision;
" reward for candidates for contribution;
" health insurance, etc.