Strategic Staffing Solutions International client Western Union is one of the leading money transfer networks, helping people and businesses in over 200 countries and territories worldwide, through a web of over 510,000 locations. Currently, the company is looking for a Senior Technical Business Analyst.
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Does playing a critical role in Western Union Business Solutions IT organization and being responsible for supporting all global markets and all WUBS business products including Mass Payments, EDGE solution and Options sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about supporting and coordinating the execution of the WUBS strategy and program of initiatives?
In this role, you will be responsible for tracking, managing and reporting Oracle eBusiness Suite related incident tickets, coordinating internal team and vendor activities related to production support, reviewing and approving data fix scripts and technical design documents for Oracle EBS customizations. As part of this you will be working closely with vendors TCS/HCL and other teams to ensure timely responses and resolution, and running priority meetings with business.
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Be the main point of contact in the time zone for all P1-P2 incidents identified in the region
- Coordinate activities during Severity 1 and Severity 2 Incident calls to ensure prompt resolution and post-incident review investigations
- Tracking and reporting Oracle eBusiness Suite (Financials) related issues
- Analyzing system issues and working with both internal and external teams (NOC, infrastructure, DBA, development) to ensure timely resolution
- Work in close with Business Analysis and Dev teams on implementing preventive measures to avoid future occurrences
- Review functional and technical design documents (MD.050 and MD.070) for Oracle EBS customizations
- Review datafix scripts provided by vendor and approve execution in lower instances and Production
- Perform end-to-end Senior Business Analyst tasks from requirements gathering through implementation when needed
What you will need to succeed:
- Proven experience in Application support and incident management
- Strong knowledge of functionalities available in Oracle Financials (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Subledger Accounting)
- Extensive experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, including implementations
- Strong technical background with focus on ERP and/or transactional systems
- Effective communication, cooperation and conflict management skills with ability to manage workload within a team
- Outstanding team player, with high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-structured, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple support and project tasks simultaneously
- Fluency in English
What will make you stand out:
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Management Systems, or related field
- Previous working experience as PL/SQL developer and/or system administrator/DBA
- Experience with IntelliMatch, TIBCO
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries