* Problem Management – investigate, identify root causes and implement change in support of problem management and service protection.
* Systems Management - Responsible for Operational Systems Management and Preventative Maintenance – to include proactive monitoring, system checks, house-keeping and scheduled maintenance activities.
* Incident Management – provide 3rd Line Specialist support for the SharePoint environments.
* Escalation management – provide full support and best service in event of any service or operational escalation.
* Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with key internal and external stakeholders including AD , Microsoft, WPG and SQL teams in order to ensure effective support of SharePoint technologies
* Proactively identify and assess opportunities to improve and implement Intranet solutions to the infrastructure to reduce manual processes and improve performance.
- Online user interfaces
- Content management systems
- Intranet and Internet technologies
- Relationships between server OS configurations and hosted applications
- Servers and online infrastructure
- Server environments
- Awareness of service management and delivery best practices (e.g. ITIL)
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- IIS (ideally IIS6 and above)
- Microsoft SharePoint technologies and infrastructure (WSS2.0 and WSS3.0 and MOSS 2007)