Interacts with Casino guests and pays out Jackpots and fills. Ensures guests satisfaction, profitable operations, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Initiates, verifies and pays jackpot pay outs and hopper fills including resetting the slot machines.
- Performs minor maintenance on the machines including bill jams and coin Jams.
- Circulates through the Casino area and maintains close floor surveillance to monitor guests and machines to detect and report problems and irregularities.
- Settles players disputes or refers matters to the supervisor.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must have administrative/clerical experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, interpersonal and guest relation skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have an excellent service approach when dealing with guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
I. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity STAR Program, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmembers’ areas.
II. Initiates, verifies and pays jackpot pay outs and hopper fills including resetting the slot machines.
III. Fills machines with coins.
IV. Reports defective machines.
V. Collects coins and currency from change machines and makes settlements with cashier cage to balance assets and cash retrieved from the machines.
VI. Prepares written authorization for jackpot payouts and presents to Cashier and/or Casino management based on established Casino Operations policies.
VII. Conducts daily inspections of the Arcade.
VIII. Maintains a constant presence throughout the Casino. Walks around the Casino to assist guests and provide general information. Extends courtesy and helpful gaming information to guests. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns.
IX. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security problems. Observes players and machine operation for improper use or possible security problems. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
X. Completes paperwork and/or reports on a per voyage, monthly and/or quarterly basis.
XI. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
XII. Supports cleaning staff to ensure casino/casino bar area is kept tidy.
XIII. Acts as Casino Host, running tournaments and interacting with guests when designated
XIV. Acts as Administrative Assistant to the Casino Manager , performing any administrative and reporting duties, or computer data entries when required.
XV. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
This position is responsible for direct cost containment through the proper use of courtesy gestures, supplies and the reward of prizes.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
You can apply for this job if you are:
• At least 21 years of age
• speak good English
• are hospitable and friendly person
• having relevant experience
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
-Previous slot attendant work experience in live casinos preferred, but not essential.
- Proven ability to read safety rules
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard crewmembers to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to count paper and coin currency quickly and accurately.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to monetary units and compute slot machine percentages.
- Completion of high school or GED required.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and word programs.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
• Work experience in International Company
• Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
• Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
• Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks