ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES Ltd. - www.royalcaribbean.com
Installs, services, adjusts and repairs coin-operated slot machines, currency changers, video arcade games and currency and coin-handling equipment located in the shipboard Casino by performing the following duties and responsibilities. The position is also responsible for maintaining and repairing signage and the computerized gym equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Adjusts slot machines, video games, coin-handling, card shuffling and all other machines and equipment following manufacturer's specifications, using hand and power tools. Conducts general maintenance and/or service on all machines and equipment. Prepares requisitions for parts, tools equipment, etc. and forwards to Casino management for approval.
3. Fills machines with coins and tests electrical and coin-handling systems.
- 4. Examines defective machines to determine causes of malfunctions.
- Adjusts and repairs machines, replacing worn or defective electrical or mechanical parts, using hand tools, such as screwdrivers and pliers.
5. Collects coins and currency from change machines and makes settlements with cashier cage to balance assets and cash retrieved from the machines.
6. Prepares written authorization for jackpot payouts and presents to Cashier and/or Casino management based on established Casino Operations policies.
7. Conducts daily inspections of the Arcade machines and equipment.
8. Maintains a constant presence throughout the Casino. Walks around the Casino to assist guests and provide general information. Extends courtesy and helpful gaming information to guests. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns.
9. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security problems. Observes players and machine operation for improper use or possible security problems. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
10. Participates in slot and video game count as assigned and in accordance with Casino Operations policies.
11. Participates in the programming or repair of progressive gaming and other electronic displays including Roulette displays.
12. Maintains and repairs signage and computerized gym equipment.
13. Completes paperwork and/or reports on a per voyage, monthly and/or quarterly basis.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
Formal training in the repair and troubleshooting of a variety of electrical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment.
Previous slot technician work experience in live casinos preferred.
Proven ability to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawings.
Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening
Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
Ability to count paper and coin currency quickly and accurately.
Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to monetary units and compute slot machine percentages.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in
written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required to move objects by lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling. Stooping, kneeling and crouching are required to repair and check machines.
Full mobility of wrist, thumb, and fingers is required for detailed electrical mechanical repairs.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
- Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks
Apply by forwarding your CV to our agency