- Sommelier is in charge of effectively managing the wine program and beverage sales, as well as the service in the Dining Room, Veranda Cafe/Outdoor Cafe, Deck Barbecue and Room Service
- Responsible for the wine cellar operation
- Responsible for ensuring that the wine and beverage forecasted for the restaurants on the ship are met and the daily wine flash report about the complementary wines/champagne is updated, posted and discussed
- Must strive to meet the target cost of sales for the dining rooms as determined by the company budgets and ensure that all beverage stocks in the wine stand are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and update the Wine List to reflect the products and vintages that are in stores and in the wine stand and ensure that there is proper feedback being communicated to the Public Room Manager/Maitre D' and Hotel Manager as to guest comments on the scope and content of the wine list and developing trends in wine consumption
- Responsible for the training and education of all those involved in sales and service of wine products on board
- Responsible for maintaining the lunch and dinner wine recommendations and the after dinner drink page of the dessert menu in accordance with the parameters established in the Fleet Wine Program
- Maintain the service and cycle of complimentary wines in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that the beverages being used for hosting purposes in the restaurants are in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- 2 years of working experience as a Sommelier in a fast pace 4 or 5 star Hotel/Bars catering to an international clientele
- Working experience with an extensive beverage program that entails premiums and super premiums Wines and other beverages
- Strong command of the English language combined with writing skills
- Strong knowledge of wine service procedures
- Good wine knowledge from the old and the new world
- Practical knowledge of beverage operations and service.
- Very ambitious, dynamic and international environment with attractive remuneration package and possibilities for an international career
- Free Cruising aboard the most beautiful Yachts
- Free accommodation and meal, while aboard
- Paid flight tickets to and from the ships
- Monthly salary (gross): 1800.00 to 2500.00 EUR
Additional information: NET Salary + Excellent bonus structure
- Location Luxury Yacht Cruises
- Working time Fixed-term / seasonal / temporary employment, Full-time work.
We are always looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join our fast growing team. With our unique worldwide presence in the yacht charter and sales industry, we offer many exciting opportunities, whether it is in yacht and charter sales, crew or technical, maintenance and base management positions. Whatever your skills, there are excellent opportunities to grow within our team.
If you think this could be you, we would love to hear from you.
--> Please apply only in ENGLISH, including CV as email attachment in doc or pdf file format, with a brief summary of your relevant experience, and the type of position you are seeking and we will be in touch.
All enquiries will be kept confidential.
Everyone is an asset for our Group and that person could be you!
Check out our job opportunities, apply!