Apollo Ship Chandlers
Reports to: Cellar Master, Head Bartender
1. To provide guests with courteous and professional beverage service.
2. To increase revenue for the company and self by applying up-selling techniques.
3. To meet sales targets.
1. Should be knowledgeable of all beverage lists and able to discuss and suggest wines to guests
who ask for advice. Knowledge of how to pair wine with food is imperative.
2. Must be able to reach sales targets set by the Company that are reasonable and attainable but
require motivation and commitment.
3. Maintains a clean and orderly wine cellar.
4. Duties include the re-stocking of the Wine Cellar on a daily basis and once a week may be
requested to work during the loading of wines onto to the ship.
5. Provides personalized service (remembers guests names and preferences).
6. Adheres to the vessel’s drinking age policy.
7. Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions, as required.
8. Works at special parties and private functions.
9. General cleaning and maintenance according to U.S.P.H. standards.
10. Handles all ship equipment with utmost care and reports any faulty/broken equipment.
11. Assists management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
12. Clean uniform and tidy appearance, hair, nails, etc. at all times.
13. Performs all other duties as requested by supervisors.
14. Always projects a favorable image of Oceania Cruises.
15. Works in all beverage service location at the discretion of his/her supervisor.
1. Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
2. Complies with Oceania’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
Minimum of 3 years wine service experience.
1. Great attitude at all times, (smile).
3. Team worker
6. Well-groomed and neat appearance
8. Social skills
9. Ability to perform under pressure
10. Ability to work with an international team
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTHS / 2 MONTHS VACATION