To provide sourcing services to the various lines of business.
- The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for assist in developing, implementing and / or executing a sourcing and procurement category strategies aligned with the Sourcing groups’ objectives.
- Provide guidance and/or lead negotiations and sourcing engagements including process activities such as e-sourcing, RFX, Project management, etc., as assigned.
- Manage projects against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met.
- Monitor and keep up to date with related category supplier specific business activities as well as the extended category industry.
- Present/update all pertinent supplier and/or industry issues to stakeholders and immediate management and propose recommendations as they apply to existing strategies.
- Ability to facilitate agreement on the plan with business partners and other stakeholders, monitor progress against the plan in a cross-functional category team, and identify and implement corrective action to make sure progress is achieved against the plan.
- Define or apply the category segmentation structure and taxonomy or each category and value/prioritize all of the potential opportunities.
- Experience in initiating, developing and executing market leading sourcing strategies and their implementation.
- Ability to review and analyze key external trends and influences from a wide range of information used to support the development of IT sourcing plans in support of business direction.
- Exceptional relationship management skills to effectively shape strategic solutions with stakeholders and key suppliers.
- Excellent influencing skills and experience of managing multiple and diverse stakeholder groups in a major complex organization.
- Strong change management experience and delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a wide variety of sourcing categories (Non-IT,HR, Professional Services, etc.)
- Experience with reviewing contract terms drafting and negotiation and recognizing and limiting risk.
- Ability to write, implement and make a recommendation using Request For Information, Quotation and Proposals.
- Ability to analyze and write business cases, track results and perform financial analysis reporting.
- Ability to perform trend analysis, forecasting and modelling in order to provide recommendations.
- Ability to work autonomously while keeping management apprised of projects and initiatives.
- Fluent in written and spoken English a must.
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- 1+ years in Sourcing experience.
We have impact. So will you.
The views of each Moody’s employee matter and, collectively, those views contribute to our ability to serve credit-sensitive markets worldwide. Diverse opinions are encouraged and leverage the depth and breadth of experiences that our employees bring to work each day. We expect Moody’s employees to be accessible and collaborative and, in return, Moody’s offers a work environment that promotes intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and collegiality. Our people and our environment uphold our core values of integrity, insight, intellectual leadership, inclusion and independence.