Apollo Ship Chandlers
REPORTS TO: CHEF DE CUISNE, EXEC CHEF
- Sous Chef ensures the efficient operation of deck 9 food production area. He constantly analyzes quality of food
- Checks allocated food outlets, buffets, action stations, and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food
- He assures on-going training and that the high standards set by the Executive Chef are followed.
- Will work closely with the Exec Sous Chef in order to accomplish tasks related to Inventory, Equipment control and
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine in the supervision of deck 9 Galley operations to be in line with the Company’s Standards.
- Ensure the Recipe review program is followed through by the CDP’s and head of sections.
- Daily application of the Culinary Check List to monitor production and correct preparation
- Both the Culinary check list and recipe review must be attached to the culinary package for office review
- Monitor all Cooks’ working hours and fill out report of overtime for payroll purposes (if applicable).
- Accountable for the control and maintenance of all equipment in the galley deck 9, and report any damages or
- Responsible for maintaining the quality and consistency in taste according with recipes and photos provided by the
- Monitor the food production and record leftover covers using the provided forms.
- Control and provide daily food requisitions to the Provision Master for the next day preparation according to the
- Ensure that the Cooks from the storeroom to the Galleys observe the Company’s Rules and Regulations for
- Ensures that all Cooks are in proper, well-maintained uniforms, with special attention to those working in public areas.
- Ensure that the Galley is ready for any announced or unannounced USPH inspections, done either by the Ships’
- Will give proper training to the new crewmembers and follow up on their progress.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of breakfast, lunch and tapas buffets; and is physically present during service.
- Duties may include the supervision of the afternoon teatime.
- Responsible for the set up of the Food Line for the Restaurant Personnel, ensuring that there is enough variety and
- Must issue requisitions for all the Catering equipment needed for his area.
- Must be familiar with the Ship’s Rules and Regulations and participate in all required Safety Training Emergency Life
- Must ensure the HACCP program is carried out correctly. Must be knowledgeable with the established quality
- Must have a complete knowledge of the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations and ensure that they are
- Ensure that the Galley cleaning schedule set up by the Executive Chef is followed by everyone after each service and
- Must be present in an early standby each time the ship is subject to have a USPH inspection.
- Must have a thorough understanding of how Time and Attendance operates, be familiar with the contracts and work
- Enforces the established working schedule for the galley team, based on 10 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Assure complete managerial coverage during breaks or meetings.
- Control overtime and proper time management procedures (work within the set budget).
- Work as a team member. Does not make any changes without the approval and knowledge of the Chef de Cuisine
- Enforce “Clean as you go” work habits.
- Be instrumental in organizing an efficient flow of production. Check all daily events, delegate and follow up.
- Maintain menus and food quality up to company standards.
- Constantly thrive to upgrade the food quality and presentation and establish the necessary controls that would assure a
- Check all food requisitions and make the proper adjustments prior to Exec Chef approval.
- Check food handling and storage procedures wherever food is handled.
- Follow up on the meat order; work with the butcher on what steps to follow.
- Check on all galley equipment in your area that has to be fixed and report it to the Asst Food Mgr.
- Check all coolers daily. Assure that food is well rotated and “first in” is “first out”.
- Check cleanliness and proper storage of food and equipment in all areas of food production.
- Assist in daily, early morning meetings with the Ex Sous Chef, CDP’s, Outlet Chefs, Provision Master and Pastry Chef.
- Check proper storing of all equipment pertaining to your field of responsibility. Train your crew to exercise
- All food has to be tasted to assure top quality, any discrepancies dealt with on the spot. Food needs to be ready for
- Check constantly that all prepared food is handled with plastic gloves only.
- All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and
- Age and Health: Minimum age should be twenty-five (25) years old. Physically fit and in good health, without any
basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Standard High School Education. Requires a minimum of six years in the
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take great pride in his work. Adherence to the Company’s Rules and
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTH, travel arrangements covered by the company