Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB creates, manufactures and distributes molecular biology products for life science research and diagnostics. Products are exported to more than 80 countries. Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB successfully expands its activities and invites to a friendly and more than 750 employees team:
Sr Project Manager
- Short description:
- Reporting to the BTO (EMEA) Director, the role is responsible for managing projects primarily in support of global operations for Life Science Solutions (LSG) although this role could be leveraged across other parts of ThermoFisher for project management.
- This role will manage the project lifecycle of assigned projects utilizing the BTO methodology.
- The role also requires the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- The role will leverage project management and leadership skills to help support company and global operations long range strategies.
- Initiate, plan and implement assigned projects using standard work.
- Ability to create and present project report outs to leadership.
- Ability to create project plans with supporting due diligience – eg: financial analysis, timelines, steering committee & stakeholder alignment.
- Ability to manage project teams which may be at remote locations to support the project lifecycle.
- Develop relationships with business unit and divisional teams to drive efficiency in the project approval and implementation steps.
- Customer-centric: the ability to ensure project plans are aligned with customer expectations (internal & external).
- 25% global travel – as required to support project lifecycle, global team meetings, training.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in either manufacturing, project management or Finance, experience gained from managing projects across a global organization is desirable.
- Solid understanding of project management tools and methodology.
- Analytical and detail oriented with strong Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Solid communication skills, ability to interact across peer network to leadership level.
- Ability to build plans that align with stakeholder expectations.
- Experience in creating and presenting executive-level reports and updates.
- Solutions oriented with a forward focused mentality; see problems coming and develop strategic solutions.
- Must be a creative problem solver and have the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to influence others and partner cross functionally.
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
Reporting to the BTO (EMEA) Director, the role is responsible for managing projects primarily in support of global operations for Life Science Solutions (LSG) although this role could be leveraged across other parts of Therm