Strategic Outsourcing (SO) provides complex, highly-customized solutions, focused on
transforming and maintaining the client’s IT environment. IBM manages and operates other
company’s IT systems under a mutually beneficial agreement. the client provides service
level assurances to ensure quality of service is attained and measured. Strategic
Outsourcing uses defined processes and procedures to ensure the required service is
delivered in a measurable, secure and stable way.
The IT Specialist role within Strategic Outsourcing is responsible for the security,
maintenance and support of all Storage systems across our customer base.
This role performs services to design, architecture, install, operate, maintain, and
monitor a client"s Storage and Back-up environment to ensure that client service levels
The Storage Management disciplines include asset, availability, change, incident,
configuration, operations, performance and capacity, problem, and security management.
Activities range from the design and implementation of a storage and back-up management
solution covering one or more of the disciplines to the ongoing operation and management
of the client"s I/T resources using a variety of systems management tools.
To prepare you for the IT Specialist job role you must be trained on Storage Area Network
(SAN) and Disk systems (DS), IBM N-series, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) technology.
Together with your peer colleagues, you will mainly be working from the client in
Amsterdam. This work will include daily management tasks, proactive maintenance and
support, and the resolution of assigned incidents and changes, and performance and
1) Soft skills
- High sense of ownership & taking initiatives
- Good teaming skills: strong team worker, experience in large teams (~20 members)
- Good communication skills: in writing, verbal and in usage of the right medium for
- Good social competence;
- A good English language skill, Dutch is a good addition.
- Discrete, Patience, Immune to stress, Pro-active and End to end responsibility;
- Customer minded
- Used to work in a production environment
- Flexible employable during office hours between 07:00 and 19:00 o’clock, and willing
- Employable in standby duties and executing activities outside the regular office
2) Knowledge and experience (Technical skills)
- Problem solving of system disruptions and Pro-active Storage management.
- Deployment and Development of new ideas to automate manual actions to improve
- Knowledge of virtualized computer/ storage environments.
- Knowledge of computer/ Storage systems and their networks.
- Knowledge of network protocols.
- Maintain and administer automated installation tools.
- Execute of, test- and integration plans.
- Knowledge of patch management, implementations of patches or technical levels.
- Maintain and administer of security guidelines, experience with user management.
- Document, executed procedures of and within existing environments.
- Experience with creating, writing, challenging a detailed or high level design
- Knowledge of and worked with performance and capacity measurements, analyses and
- Is used to work with Problem and change management tooling.
- System planning tool and architecture design techniques.
- System management and system administration tools.
- Performance management and capacity planning.
- Technical Project management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with ITIL processes and procedures.
- External storage & SAN: connection, configuration, management.
- Experience with scripting
- Knowledge of and worked with the Tivoli tooling.
- Knowledge of Storage/ Library hardware.
- Knowledge of IBM SAN/ IBM Storage.
- Knowledge of switches (Brocade, Cisco)
- Knowledge of IBM N-series Storage.
- Knowledge of Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Knowledge of SVC/ TPC.