- Overall Job Purpose:
- Close liaison with the Change/Configuration/Release Management and Help Desk Functions;
- Knowledge and use of the change/configuration management system;
- The drawing in of specialized expertise wherever appropriate, and the provision of advice and information aimed at minimizing the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
- Ensure that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively;
- Obtain diagnostic data to assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Match unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents;
- Plan and implement small infrastructure changes (infrastructure software fixes/patches, maintenance release updates) after completing a full change request on Service Centre;
- Prioritize unresolved incidents. Initiate and co-ordinate investigations to discover root causes, and progresses the implementation of remedial action;
- Keep relevant staff informed of the status of systems and services, by producing reports/registers on defect/problem reporting data extracted from the configuration/change management system.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience supporting desktop related applications:
- Understand performance measurements for hardware, software or network components;
- Experience in writing an SLA or a capacity plan and understand how to measure service delivery with metrics and targets;
- Be familiar with routine monitoring and administration tools. Know how to resolve routine problems;
- Good knowledge of English.
To control resolution of incidents and problems (deviations from planned or expected infrastructure/applications component or system behavior) including: classification, prioritization and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies. This also includes:
Business application front end
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “Support engineer” Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.